19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

Hope you are fine there, yesterday I have created a new clone from Prod to test environment, this is first clone after 19c production upgrade.

Once database restore is finished, I have removed pluggable database and create a newly pluggable database are TEST.

create pluggable database TEST using '/u02/oracle/TEST/19.0.0/dbhome_2/dbs/PROD_PDBDesc.xml' NOCOPY SERVICE_NAME_CONVERT=('PROD','TEST');

ORA-65174: invalid or conflicting name in service TEST found in the pluggable database

I have searched that error in oracle support, found this note. (Doc ID 2682761.1)

As per this note ,  I cannot given the name TEST because that name are already exist in the repository,

so I have given TEST1.

As per  note to avoid that error and I am willing to gives pluggable database name to TEST in future , we have to removed it in Production.

Below are the details for all services available in PROD pluggable database repo.

alter session set container=PROD;

SQL> select name from service$ order by name;

NAME
FINPRD19
PRB19
PRD10202
PRODPACK
PROD_STDBY
R1211BLN
RUP4BLP
TEST        ------exist
ebs_PROD
prd11510
prod

11 rows selected.

Need your advice to delete TEST Service in Production pluggable database service list.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: 19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

Hi,

You are following " "Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Multitenant Database using Rapid Clone (Doc ID 2552208.1)", Section 4.1.6 Restore and Start the Target Database, Step 4", I guess.. This is correct.

Normally, Patch 31519848 will fix this, but that patch is not available yet..

Can't you just follow the note  " Renaming 19c PDB Fails With "ORA-65174: invalid or conflicting name in service" (Doc ID 2682761.1)" ?

It gives you all the instruction for such a cleanup and it tells you the following as well ->

"You can also port this cleanup to your production environment PROD which will then ensure Step 4.1.6 will never have issues any longer"

Got that right?

Re: 19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

Thanks for reply, I have few doubts, as your last reply.

It gives you all the instruction for such a cleanup and it tells you the following as well ->

"You can also port this cleanup to your production environment PROD which will then ensure Step 4.1.6 will never have issues any longer"

Got that right?

What do you mean to cleanup the port in my production environment.

Please mention the steps that I have to be perform in my production environment for permanent fix for next clone .

Thanks sir.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: 19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

It is not my sentence, Oracle support document tells you that.. It means you can consider doing the same cleanup on production as well and as the document suggests if you do it on prod, you will never have issues any longer.

Re: 19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

raiq1
sir,

Now I got it, I have delete the TEST Service name in Production PDB database.

Follow are the steps.

Connect to PROD

sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> alter session set container=PROD;

Session altered.
SQL> select name from service$ order by name;

NAME
FINPRD19
PRB19
PRD10202
PRODPACK
PROD_STDBY
R1211BLN
RUP4BLP
TEST
ebs_PROD
prd11510
prod

11 rows selected.

SQL > delete from service$ where name = 'TEST';

SQL >  commit;

Is it right steps to do it on PROD instance that  issue will not exist in future Clone.

Kindly confirm sir,

Regards,
Raiq

Re: 19c cloning- pluggable database naming failed.

Review the MOS Note "Renaming 19c PDB Fails With "ORA-65174: invalid or conflicting name in service" (Doc ID 2682761.1)". There is step 4 it says the following: "4. You can also port this cleanup to your production environment PROD which will then ensure Step 4.1.6 will never have issues any longer"..

So I guess this answers your question.