32 bit Oracle client

Roshan
This post was updated on .
Hello Erman,

I am trying to install a 32 bit 18c Oracle client on a 64 bit Windows because the excel which is installed is 32 bit.

On one Windows sever (64bit), the I am able to launch the setup and wizard appears. On another 64 bit Windows server, the GUI does not appear.

Also, on the Windows server where I installed the 32 bit Oracle client, when I open the excel and connect to target Oracle, the latter crash.

Kindly advise what could be the issue.

Re: 32 bit Oracle client

In those old days, when we were dealing with these 32 bit client issue, we had the same problems.. Opening the installation GUI was one of those problems, and as far as I remember, we could workaround it by using the scripts provided in the setup folder.. So we were bypassing the actual setup wrapper, with the direct cmd that is designed to open the GUI.. Administration privileges may also be the cause But those were 10g-11g days.. Anyways; you should be able to run 32 bit oracle client on Win 64 bit. This is certified, but you need to review the notes.

*Other than, I can't help you without connecting your client machine...

Please check ->

Oracle Client 11gR2 32bit or 64bit OUI Installer Crashes on Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit): Java Hotspot Error, jvm.dll, RegSetValue, setInstallerKey, updateInventoryLoc, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (Doc ID 1292785.1)
E1: MTR: Do we require 32 bit or 64 bit version of Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010 on Microsoft Windows 2012 64-bit Server? (Doc ID 2074415.1)
Cannot Install Oracle Client 11.2 64 Bit And Oracle Client 32 Bit On Same Windows 64 Bit Server (Doc ID 1530206.1)
Master Note For Oracle Database Client Installation [ID 1157463.1]
Client / Server / Interoperability Support Between Different Oracle Versions [ID 207303.1]
FAQ: Running 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle Software On 64-bit Windows (Doc ID 1151394.1)
32-bit Client Install on 64-bit Windows Platform (Doc ID 870253.1)

Re: 32 bit Oracle client

Roshan
Thanks for the update. With 11g I was able to launch the 32 bit wizard.above 12c it's not working. I was also able to install the ODBC driver using custom install. The version makes a difference.