Authentication in apex

satish
Dear Erman,

This is from EBS extension using ords/apex white paper.

Integrating with Oracle E-Business Suite

In order to connect from Oracle E-Business Suite to your new Oracle APEX Applications,
a secure mechanism is required to hand control from Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle
APEX. The following actions need to be performed:

1. Create an Oracle APEX application
2. Configure the Oracle APEX login process
3. Define Oracle APEX authorizations
4. Define Oracle E-Business Suite profile option and form functions
5. Link E-Business Suite functions to menus and responsibility

I understand,we have 3 processes defined for login in white paper
1)SSO
2)OAM
3)Custom authentication

But every thing above speaks about connecting from Oracle E-Business Suite to your new Oracle APEX Applications.

But we dont want to invoke apex login from EBS...and we would like to login to apex url first.
In this case,will we require seperate credentials for Apex or is there any custom authentication to use same credentials as in EBS database?

Any idea please

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Authentication in apex

Okay, so you need a custom authentication schema then.. Using FND_WEB_SEC.validate_login maybe..

Ex:

FUNCTION ebs_authenticate (
 p_username IN VARCHAR2
 , p_password IN VARCHAR2) RETURN BOOLEAN
AS
BEGIN
RETURN (FND_WEB_SEC.validate_login
 (p_username, p_password) = 'Y');