Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

big

Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

big
Hi,

on 11.5.10, DB 11.2.0.4 on AIX

Any time we run autoconfig the following profile option is updated (with a wrong value):

'ICX_REQ_SERVER'

Any way to avoid this?

May be a parameter in CONTEXT_FILE?

Which one?

Thanks.

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

11i and ICX_REQ_SERVER..

Lets run adchkcfg utility as described in MOS note 165195.1 It will generate a report with information about all files and "profile options" that will be changed during the next normal execution of AutoConfig...

Lets see what it will report, then we will check..
big

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

big
Hi,
Thank you.

I ran :

adchkcfg.sh contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE

And in Profiles.html, we can see:

What can we conclud?

What does it suggest?

Regards.

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

Is it showing the ICQ_REQ_SERVER?
If so, is the current value differ from the autoconfig value? Is the autoconfig value correct?
big

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

big
Hi,

Is it showing the ICQ_REQ_SERVER? YES

is the current value differ from the autoconfig value? YES

 Is the autoconfig value correct? No.

The afadmprf.sql  file has the same date that we ran autoconfig. Is it created by autoconfig?

Thanks.

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

afadmprf.sh is the one that is doing this update.
Please check the code and trace the session..

We need to see whether afadmprf.sh is setting the value for ICQ_REQ_SERVER using a hardcoded value, or is it taking it from somewhere else (for instance from fnd_profile_option_values).

And what is that value that autoconfig uses for updating the profile? Does that value give you any ideas bout where that value is located? (I want you to think about that, because I can't see it (masked) and I have no connection to your env..)
big

I will try.
big

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

big
This post was updated on .
Hi,
It seems to me that it is updated from a template:

  $FND_TOP/admin/template/afadmprf.sql

in which:

set_profile(178, 'ICX_REQ_SERVER',
              10001, 0,
              '&WEB_HOST:&WEB_PORT',
              NULL);

I modified this template and put the right value. Now when we run autoconfig we have that value for ICX_REQ_SERVER .

Thank and Regards.

Happy new year.

Re: Autoconfig modify profile option ICX_REQ_SERVER

Okay. Good. It is a a last resort move. an artistic move :)
I m glad that you got it done Big.