Bursting ssl R12.2.5

satish
This post was updated on .
Dear erman,

We are on R12.2.5,from below bursting log,can we say whether bursting is using secure connection to smtp server?

DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc]
DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "relay.******.in", port 465, isSSL false
220 relayin465.nic.in ESMTP
DEBUG SMTP: connected to host "relay.*****.in", port: 465

EHLO erpsupport.ttd.com
250-relayin465.nic.in
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 36700160
250 STARTTLS
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "8BITMIME", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "SIZE", arg "36700160"
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "STARTTLS", arg ""
STARTTLS
220 Go ahead with TLS
EHLO erpsupport.ttd.com
250-relayin465.nic.in
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 36700160
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250 AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "8BITMIME", arg ""
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "SIZE", arg "36700160"
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "AUTH", arg "PLAIN LOGIN"
DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "AUTH=PLAIN", arg "LOGIN"
DEBUG SMTP: Attempt to authenticate
DEBUG SMTP: check mechanisms: LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 NTLM
AUTH LOGIN
334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
dHRkLmVycEB0aXJ1b5vcmc=
334 UGFzc3dmQ6
R292aW5kYUAxMjMj
235 #2.0.0 OK Authenticated
DEBUG SMTP: use8bit false
MAIL FROM:<dtt.erp@domain.org>
250 sender <dtt.erp@domain.org> ok
DEBUG SMTP: sendPartial set
RCPT TO:<deep.arja@cts.com>
250 recipient <deep.arja@cts.com> ok
DEBUG SMTP: Verified Addresses
DEBUG SMTP: deep.arja@cts.com
DATA
354 go ahead
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 12:32:22 +0530 (IST)
From: dtt.erp@domain.org
To: deep.arja@cts.com
Subject: RMS-ERP Interface Summary Report

------=_Part_3_32383001.1633935742915

Dear Team,
Please find the Attached XTD Interface Summary Report.
The details of Error,Duplicate and Success transactions are provided in the Report for your action.

FYI - Please Do not Reply to this Email
Regards,
Oracle ERP.

Thank you

Re: Bursting ssl R12.2.5

Yes. port 465 is for SMTPS
We can also see the following lines in the log;

DEBUG SMTP: Found extension "STARTTLS", arg ""
STARTTLS
220 Go ahead with TLS

The debug line "DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "relay.******.in", port 465, isSSL false" seems misleading. This is a TLS connection. So I think there in the java code we have props.put("mail.smtp.starttls.enable", "true")..
So, we don't have  props.put("mail.smtps.ssl.enable","true"); ... and I think this is normal, I mean "isSSL false" that we see in the log should not be a problem -> because we are making a TLS connection here.

Well, in my opinion, it is using TLS (SSL) at the end of the day :)