Cannot launche FORMS

big

Cannot launche FORMS

big
This post was updated on .
Hi,
On 11.5.10 on AIX,  DB 11.2.0.4

We changed apps password. After that we cannot launche FORMS.

Click on link launch nothing. Even not an error message. And Windows Java console which is enabled does not pop up.

But we can connect/launch forms via:

https://xxx.dom.com:443/dev60cgi/f60cgi
And Windows Java console  does pop up.

We can connect to DB as apps with new password.

Thanks for help.

Re: Cannot launche FORMS

How did you change the Apps password? Probably you did something wrong while changing it.. Or you missed some things.. Review that process by going through the following note -> How To Successfully Change The Guest Password In E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12 (Doc ID 443353.1)
big

Re: Cannot launche FORMS

big
Thank you.

yes I did not followed the right way to change APPS password. I just ran:

FNDCPASS apps/xxx 0 Y system/yyyy SYSTEM applsys zzzz

without stopping application server and did not run autoconfig.

I will do :
====================
./adstpall.sh

FNDCPASS apps/xxx 0 Y system/yyyy SYSTEM applsys zzzz

$ cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME
$ ./adautocfg.sh

adstrtal.sh
==================
Is it correct ?

That Oracle Change The Guest Password In E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12 (Doc ID 443353.1)  talks about GUEST user. Am-I concerned? I'm going to change apps password.

Best regards.

But

Re: Cannot launche FORMS

Yes.. Sorry.. that doc is specifically for GUEST password.
For changing the APPS , you should follow the method below;

1)shutdown the apps services on all nodes.
2)Backup the following files and tables;

$ORACLE_HOME/reports60/server/CGIcmd.dat (8.0.6 Oracle_home)
$IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/cfg/wdbsvr.app
$FND_TOP/resource/wfmail.cfg
Table -> FND_USER
Table -> FND_ORACLE_USERID

4)Change the APPS pass stored in the files you just backed up, manually ->

$ORACLE_HOME/reports60/server/CGIcmd.dat(8.0.6 Oracle_home)
$IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/cfg/wdbsvr.app
$FND_TOP/resource/wfmail.cfg

5)Check your db links, recreate them if necessary

6)Start the application services.
big

Re: Cannot launche FORMS

big
Hi,
Thank you.
Your methode worked well on test system.

Regards.