Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big

Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big
Hi,
On R12.2.9, DB 19c on AIX
I logon as sysadmin. When trying to send test mail chosing sysadmin as role , I receive:

Invalid role, or role does not have notification preference set to receive detail email messages. Please choose another rôle.

I followed Doc ID 728331.1 but problem persiste. Moreover in preference page of sysadmin I have not Email style liste:

Even if email type for sysadmin is HTML:

Thanks for help.

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

"Invalid Role Or Role Does Not Have The Notification Preference Set (Doc ID 728331.1)" should be the cure!

Send me the output of the queries given below;

select Preference_name, preference_value
from fnd_user_preferences
where PREFERENCE_NAME='MAILTYPE'

 select UP.USER_NAME name, UP.MODULE_NAME module, UP.PREFERENCE_NAME pref_type, UP.PREFERENCE_VALUE value
from FND_USER_PREFERENCES UP
where UP.MODULE_NAME = 'WF'
and UP.PREFERENCE_NAME = 'MAILTYPE'
and UP.USER_NAME='-WF_DEFAULT-';
big

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big
Thank you.

in that document it is said:

5. Restart the Services and Test.

Does it mean restart all application server or just WorkFlow notification mailer?

Thanks.

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

Workflow-related services..
big

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big
Hi,
Thank you.

Here are the queries:

I restarted application server completelly but always the same error :

Invalid role, or role does not have notification preference set to receive detail email messages. Please choose another rôle.

Best regards.

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

Note that,

Following MAILTYPES must be present in that table:

MAILTYPE    DISABLED
MAILTYPE    MAILATTH
MAILTYPE    MAILHTML
MAILTYPE    MAILHTML2
MAILTYPE    QUERY
MAILTYPE    (null)

check the fnd_user_preferences for SYSADMIN user..
Ensure that SYSADMIN mail type is set to an appropriate values on fnd_user_preferences.
If not, please update it.

Then run the following conc requests;

 "Sync responsibility role data into the WF table."

 "Synchronize WF LOCAL tables"

 "Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation"

Lastly, restart all the workflow related services (Workflow Mailer and the Workflow Agent Listener Services, but ensure they are really stopped and then started!) and retry.
big

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big
Hi,
Thank you.

Can I update the fnd_user_preferences to add:

MAILTYPE    MAILATTH
MAILTYPE    MAILHTML2

If yes , for which user?

Regards.

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

Did you take the actions given in my previous update?

Note that, it is not supported to update a standard ebs table, but in fact you can in this case.

--for the user that you use for these testing purposes.
big

Re: Cannot send testmail: Invalid role

big
Hi, Thank you.

I have followed  Doc ID 728331.1 completely and ran :
 "Sync responsibility role data into the WF table."

 "Workflow Directory Services User/Role Validation"

But couldn't find  "Synchronize WF LOCAL tables" to run.

I will try updating fnd_user_preferences for sysadmin and see the result.

Regards.