Concurrent managers after upgrade 19c

satish
Dear Erman,

After EBS upgrade to 19c. We are unable to start concurrent managers. We are on R12.2.5

Log:

[appluat@erpuatapp01 log]$ cat UATDB_0128.mgr

Starting UATDB_0128@UATDB_BALANCE Internal Concurrent Manager -- shell process ID 5081

          logfile=/u01/UATAPPS/fs_ne/inst/UATDB_erpuatapp01/logs/appl/conc/log/UATDB_0128.mgr
          PRINTER=noprint
           mailto=appluat
          restart=N
             diag=N
            sleep=30
             pmon=4
           quesiz=1
          Reviver is ENABLED

Application Object Library: Concurrent Processing version 12.2

Copyright (c) 1998, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Internal Concurrent Manager started : 28-JAN-2023 11:09:52

28-JAN-2023 11:09:52
Unsuccessful in TNS ping of node ERPUATAPP01, error reported: Listener Not Found.
Could not contact Service Manager FNDSM_ERPUATAPP01_uatcdb. The TNS alias could not be located, the listener process on ERPUATAPP01 could not be contacted, or the listener failed to spawn the Service Manager process.
28-JAN-2023 11:09:52
Unsuccessful in TNS ping of node ERPUATAPP02, error reported: Listener Not Found.
Could not contact Service Manager FNDSM_ERPUATAPP02_uatcdb. The TNS alias could not be located, the listener process on ERPUATAPP02 could not be contacted, or the listener failed to spawn the Service Manager process.

                   Process monitor session started : 28-JAN-2023 11:09:52

                     Process monitor session ended : 28-JAN-2023 11:09:53
[appluat@erpuatapp01 log]$

UATDB is PDB
uatcdb is UATCDB

We then changed UATDB as uatcdb in tnsnames.ora for FNDFS and FNDSM as below.Concurrent managers are started. But when we run autoconfig,the changes are gone. Is it expected?

[appluat@erpuatapp02 admin]$ grep -i uatcdb tnsnames.ora

FNDFS_uatcdb_ERPUATAPP01=
FNDFS_uatcdb_ERPUATAPP01.ttd.com=
FNDFS_uatcdb_ERPUATAPP02=
FNDFS_uatcdb_ERPUATAPP02.ttd.com=
FNDSM_ERPUATAPP01_uatcdb=
FNDSM_ERPUATAPP01.ttd.com_uatcdb=
FNDSM_ERPUATAPP02_uatcdb=
FNDSM_ERPUATAPP02.ttd.com_uatcdb=

[appluat@erpuatapp02 admin]$

Please guide.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Concurrent managers after upgrade 19c

Okay. So you just rewrite the tns etries of the apps nodes with lowercase (uatcdb), and that worked. According to the what I see in your outputs, this is expected and it is the fix. However; autoconfig will regenerate the tnsnames.ora and overwrite it. So that s completely expected :) but you got your workaround.
In order to make it permanent , you need to review your config. Check the db configuration and apps node context file and try to figure out where the autoconfig gets that value.. (that value is uppercase, but it should be lowercase)
-- I can't check it on a real EBS because currently I have limited connection to the LAB.. But I think you can find it and take the action for correcting it.. The issue is clear.