Confusion on jdk/jre

satish
Dear erman,

We are using r12.2.5 EBS.When we download only jdk in client machine:

1)will it deliver jre as well?
2)Or do we need to download and install jre independent of jdk to access forms?

Pls advice

Thank you

Re: Confusion on jdk/jre

1) Yes.
2) JRE on the client machine, i.e. Java plugin for the browser..

Re: Confusion on jdk/jre

satish
Dear erman,

When we download jdk on client machine,As it delivers jre as well,will we be able to access forms?

Thank you

Re: Confusion on jdk/jre

You should be able to.. If you have java browser plugin and if you can be successful on java tests in the client side and if the version is appropriate, then yes you should be able to access forms.

Test your client side java / verify its version -> https://www.java.com/verify

Re: Confusion on jdk/jre

satish
Admin just installed jdk in client desktop..Admin says,we need jre 32 bit to access forms in r12.2.Is this true?

Re: Confusion on jdk/jre

Please check Oracle support documents for these types of questions Satish. You lose time by asking them to me.

The client side depends on client side. (Your client side OS , its cpu arch, its version, the browser version and arch)

Check Oracle Support. Check client-server-browser compatabilities.

Using Java Web Start with Oracle E-Business Suite (Doc ID 2188898.1)
Deploying JRE (Native Plug-in) for Windows Clients in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Doc ID 393931.1)