Convert 32 bit Linux to 64 bit - R12.1.3

Convert 32 bit Linux to 64 bit - R12.1.3

satish
Dear erman,

Need your suggestion.

We are following 456347.1 from Migrating Oracle
E-Business Suite R12 from Linux 32-bit to Linux
64-bit ( Doc ID 471566.1 ).

Sub note ids 456347.1 and 352306.1, Upgrading OLAP from 32 to 64 bits.Fortunately we were moving to new hardware at the same time.

We have a concern on OLAP

456347.1 ->(Option B) Migrate Linux 32-bit database to Linux ×86-64
352306.1 ->Install OLAP by performing the detailed step 6 as documented in My Oracle Support Note 352306.1, Upgrading OLAP from 32 to 64 bits.

To migrate from a 32bit installation to a 64bit installation of Oracle OLAP, the basic steps are:

1) On the original 32-bit installation, export user created AWs and then delete these AWs.
2) Remove OLAP from the 32bit installation using the Oracle Universal Installer.
3) For the new 64-bit installation make certain
Oracle OLAP is installed.
4) Restore OLAP to the migrated database.
5) Import all AWs from the 32bit installation.

Since we are moving to new hardware at the same time we dont want to remove OLAP in source.We are following below plan.Please correct if we are wrong.This is R12.1.3 and database version is 11.2.0.4

1) Export AWS from source (Dont delete)
2)Copy them to target
3)Install OLAP in target
4)Import AWs in target (is it mandatory)

Thanks,
 Satish

Re: Convert 32 bit Linux to 64 bit - R12.1.3

Hi,

There is a note there in the  MOS doc; (sorry for the weird sentence below, but it is directly from Oracle Support..)

Please be noted that the same steps are applicable even if both platform's CPU bits are the same but just don't remove AWs from Source if you are doing migration out-of-place or across systems/platforms..

So, I guess this answers your question.