DB upgrade (11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4)

Barzu
This post was updated on .
Hi Erman !

Recently I have read an article written by you - http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com/2016/11/rdbms-upgrading-single-instance-oracle.html

Do we need to unset Envirement Variables during upgrade.

If yes in which step?

And same question about ASM upgrade.

In my case I have Database+ASM (Single instance)

Thanks,

Barzu.

Re: DB upgrade (11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4)

Yes. That is a blog post for giving you the idea.
The actual document to follow is given in the end of the blog post. It is the upgrade guide.
As far as I can remember no.
if I suspect a step, if you ask if it is necessary to unset any env variables before that step, we will look there and tell you whether or not you should unset the env. Normally you should have the env setting for doing an operation. If you will work on the old home, then you will have an env pointing the old home, libraries and binaries.. Similarly, if you will work with the new/upgraded database, then you will have the relevant env in place.