Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

Hope you are doing well, I have implemented data guard setup in our environment . database is 19c (19.10.0.0) and ebs is 12.1.3.

We are planning  a Test Drill (Switch over & Switch back) activity with ebs application.

Need your advice to successfully doing the task.

Make sure we have 2 node environment in production, same environment we have created in DR site.

Kindly send me a high level steps to complete the task properly.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

This is already documented and addressed ->

See ->  "Business Continuity for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 on Oracle Database 19c Using Physical Host Names (Doc ID 2567091.1)"
**Section 6: Role Transitions --> 6.1 Perform a Switchover

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

raiq1
Dear sir,

I have read the note , switch over exercise are understand after switch over now need to configure application tier in newly production database formerly standby.

6.4 Configure the Application Tier After a Role Transition

here I have a confusion , need to configure apps tier with current production database.

Same concept I will used when we will doing a clone.

I mean in production apps tier, run preclone first and then copy the apps folder to clone instance and then run adcfgclone.pl , here we copy the apps folder in standby apps machine to configure?

In 6.4 directly they are running auto config. Please explain this point.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

You don't copy apps tier.. You already should have copied it in the first place, while creating your DR EBS env..
You should already have configured the related apps folders to be synchronized from PROD to DR..
Please see the first part of the MOS note "Business Continuity for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 on Oracle Database 19c Using Physical Host Names (Doc ID 2567091.1)"..

If you follow the document above (from building the environment; to doing role transition) then you will be ok. You just need to that is instructed there..
But if you didn't follow it for building you DR env in the first place, then autoconfig may not be sufficient there..
I mean you may need to & find yourself running adcfgclone -- postclone while doing a role transition..

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

raiq1
Hi sir,

Basically DR implementation are done by vendor and already synchronized the database . Same topology they have used . standby database is in Mount mode currently. and redo are applying and sync standby database.

they have not touching a application side, now after switch over transition when standby database become production.

How I will do a apps tier to connect with newly production database and open it and the business users are run some reports and test it and after that switch back to production , this is our plan.

Kindly guide me to complete application tier.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

Okay. Mos Note -> "Business Continuity for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 on Oracle Database 19c Using Physical Host Names (Doc ID 2567091.1)" already answers these questions.  -> 6.1 Perform a Switchover.. (all the steps documented there, including the apps tier steps..)

But again -> Continuity for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 on Oracle Database 19c Using Physical Host Names (Doc ID 2567091.1)"..
If you follow the document above (from building the environment; to doing role transition) then you will be ok. You just need to that is instructed there.. But if you didn't follow it for building you DR env in the first place, then autoconfig may not be sufficient there.. I mean you may need to & find yourself running adcfgclone -- postclone while doing a role transition..

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

raiq1
Sir,

You mean Section 5: Configuring the Application Tier Following Standby Database Creation

Can I do this activity now before doing a switch over , I mean its not late for configuring apps tier.

database are synchronized but still no work for apps side.

Please help me.

regards,
Raiq

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

Yes. But section 5 depends on section 4.. Please read that MOS note and understand/know what you are doing.. Then you will be safe to execute the process.

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

Section 4 are related to database DR setup and already this part are done and redo are transmit and applying for standby database.

Section 5 appstier setup in Standby side are not complete. Can we proceed to configure appstier or some other dependency to check.

Please advice.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: Data Guard setup with 19c in r12