Data from PROD to DEV

big

Data from PROD to DEV

big
This post was updated on .
Hi
 we have two R12.2.4 systems (DB 11.2.0.4)

We want just bring the data  in PROD datase to DEV database. Would you please confirm that  the following senario work ?

1-stop application server on DEV.
2-Run RMAN DUPLICATE to copy PROD data to DEV.
3-Run autoconfig (adautocfg.sh) on DB tiers on DEV.
4-Run autoconfig (adautocfg.sh) on APPS tiers on DEV.
5-start application.

Thanks and Regards.

Re: Data from PROD to DEV

1-stop application server on DEV.
2-Run RMAN DUPLICATE to copy PROD data to DEV.
3-exec fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean
4-Run autoconfig (adautocfg.sh) on DB tiers on DEV.
5-Run adcfg - postclone on APPS tiers on DEV.

This is more guarenteed.
big

Re: Data from PROD to DEV

big
Thanks.

What does fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean do?

Regards.

Re: Data from PROD to DEV

It clears the configuration stored in the database..
It deletes information from tables like fnd_nodes, fnd_concurrent_queues and so on..
So when you clone your db, prod-related info is recorded in those tables initially..You are planning to run autoconfig to finish your clone.. Ao that's where you need to run the setup_clean, before autoconfig.. this way you will have empty config tables before running autoconfig.. So, once you have the clean configi, you run autoconfig to populate the tables with the cloned environment info. (autoconfig both  in db  and apps tier.. first in db then in apps)