E-business APEX HTTPS

big

E-business APEX HTTPS

big
Hi,

EBS 12.2.9, DB 19c on AIX

our E-business is protected by a web application firewall. Then a reverse proxy (I think).

From our E-Business we can conect ton an APEX interface.

The URL for this APEX is : HTTP://xxxxx

APEX URL profile option value is also HTTP://xxxx

We want to change APEX URL to HTTPS.

How should we do that?

Thanks and regards.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

You will configure APEX to use HTTPS.. So this config should be first done in the Apex side and then you will make EBS use it. (by configuring the related URL profile in the EBS side..)
If that traffic is going through that proxy, then you should also modify the proxy config accordingly.
big

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

big
Thank you.
We configured both EBS and web application firewall on HTTPS and it works fine.

We have a VIP URL to access EBS application

https://virtualserver.domain/
and from there by VIP URL to APEX
https://virtualserver.domain/ords

But
When we access APEX page we see backend (physical) server  name in URL zone of brawser:

https://physicalserver.domain/ords

Is there any way to hide physical server name and display virtual server name for APEX?

Thanks and regards.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

You access APEX via EBS right? What url you used for the integration? ( in the profiles and other related stuff?)
big

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

big
This post was updated on .
Hi,
thank you.
 We access APEX via EBS.

For APEX URL profile option we have:
https://virtualserver.domain/ords

Our access to APEX via EBS is ok. But when APEX page openned we have again

https://physicalserver.domain/ords displayed in browser.

Regards.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

1)Is that apex physical host name stored in any of the context file values or EBS profiles? Please check
that..  You can also check / follow your client browser to see the network connection it makes. To see whether the http request is done to that physical hostname, or the answer is made using the physical hostname and exactly where that conversion happens..
2)Can you directly work with apex using the virtual name? or does it do the same thing (converting the hostname in the url to physical one) when you connect apex directly?
3) According to your findings using above actions, you may need to work with your network admin, because there may be a conf in one of your devices (proxy, load balancer and so on) that makes that redirection, rewriting.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

Note that, I strongly recommend you to review your Apex Virtual host config for this in the first place. So the issue may be Apex side.. You may not configured Apex virtual host properly.
big

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

big
Hi,
Thank you.

1)Is that apex physical host name stored in any of the context file values or EBS profiles? No. In APEX URL profile option we have http://virtualserver.domain/ords

2)Can wedirectly work with apex using the virtual name? Yes.
and it does the same thing (converting the hostname in the url to physical one) when we connect apex directly.

Regards.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

Then you should check the Apex side.. Virtual host config of Apex.
big

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

big
Thanks.
You say: "Virtual host config of Apex".

Should I check :  config of Apex ? If yes what and where? in standalone.propertires or else?

Or I should check :  config of Virtual host ?

Regards.

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

Check the documentation of configuring virtual host for Apex.
big

Re: E-business APEX HTTPS

big
Thank you.