EBS DR

satish
Dear erman,

Below is taken from one of your post with respect to dr.

Another alternative, may be using a storage based replication directly without having a dataguard. This configuration can be preferred in case one doesn't want to license the target/DRC environment.

In this case,Is it not required to install any oracle software’s?
It require operating system.

Pls throw some light

Thanks

Re: EBS DR

If you map those replicated storage volumes/luns to the DR server, then you will have to license the DR site as well.. so no difference.

I mean, If you replicate the database + oracle home and if you map those replicated storage luns to the DR server, then you will need to license Oracle Software there as well.

In the technical perspective, you will use hot backup technique there.
So you will issue begin backup statement, then take the storage snapshot (replicate, snapmirror it to the DR site storage), then issue end backup statement.. You will have a script to do these in regular intervals.. you will execute sqlplus commands + Storage APIs.
Begin-end backup guarantees the recovarability.. But these are just technical side of the subjects.. That license requirement is still there and you need to make your decisions accordingly.

So that note of mine is not clear. So now I m giving you the details :)