EBS R 12.2.4 DB(12.1.0.2) cloning/migrating to EXADATA X5

EBS R 12.2.4 DB(12.1.0.2) cloning/migrating to EXADATA X5

Mohamed
Hello Arslan,
I am planning to migrate my EBS R 12.2.4 DB from a non EXA server to EXADATA server.
I see most of the metalinks are for R 12.1.

Could you please help us with any doc/steps u have for clonining/migrating of R12.2 EBS DB(12c)  to EXADATA.

Do we need to take any addditional precautions before clone/migrate on EXADATA except RDBMS EXA patches. Any known issues that anyone has encounter.

Re: EBS R 12.2.4 DB(12.1.0.2) cloning/migrating to EXADATA X5

I would use datapump for this.

I suggest you to follow the document: Migrating Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle Exadata Database
Machine Using Oracle Data Pump Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture White Paper February 2013..
This document is referred in the support doc: Oracle E-Business Suite on Exadata Resources (Doc ID 1512711.1)
When preparing your database before exporting , Follow this doc:
Database Patches Required by Oracle EBusiness Suite on Exadata Database Machines (Doc ID 1392527.1)

Also when it comes to the expdp/impdp processes, follow this:
Export/Import Process for Oracle EBS 12.2 Using Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (Doc ID 1926203.1)

So There is no specific document migrating EBS 12.2 to Exadata document .. But the information provided avove should enough for you. You can do this with those docs..

Note that your root oracle support document is "Migrating an Oracle E-Business Suite Database to Oracle Exadata Database Machine (Doc ID 1133355.1)", This document is for Oracle Applications Technology Stack - Version 11.5.10.2 to 12.2 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.2]

you choose migration method as datapump and start...

So, it suits you...

Re: EBS R 12.2.4 DB(12.1.0.2) cloning/migrating to EXADATA X5

Once you finish your migration, check the doc
Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters and Automatic storage management with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1453213.1)

You may choose to take actions like Load Balancing and so..
4.7.2 Set Up Load Balancing