EBS Support

satish
Dear erman,

We are running EBS R12.2.5 with 19.17 database in on premise. We heard that Oracle will not support on premise EBS after 2030.

1) We wanted to know,can we migrate EBS to oracle cloud(IAAS)?
Or
2) Do we need to go for fusion?

Thanks,
Satish

Re: EBS Support

EBS 12.2 Premier Support Extended Through At Least 2033.
Fusion is not a must, it is a choice.
And yes, you can migrate your EBS to IAAS. (fully IAAS , or IAAS for apps + DBCS for the DB..) You can even go with the Oracle Autonomous Database on Dedicated Exadata Infrastructure.

references:

Example Manual Migration of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Database 19c to Oracle Base Database Service DB Systems (Doc ID 2743151.1)
Introduction and FAQ: Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Autonomous Database (Doc ID 2759000.1)
https://docs.oracle.com/en/solutions/learn-value-migrate-ebs-to-oci/index.html

Re: EBS Support

satish
Thanks for the update.

ERP support will be there in future as well,even if we move to cloud IAAS. Fusion is not mandatory. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong.

We are worried that ERP will no longer be there after 2033 and only fusion will exist.

Re: EBS Support

We don't know what will happen after 2033. But EBS will still be there.. There may be support issues on the other hand..
As I already mentioned, EBS 12.2 Premier Support Extended Through "At Least" 2033.
There Oracle says "at least"...

Re: EBS Support

satish
Hi erman,

What does it mean by " There may be support issues on the other hand..". Kindly pls suggest

Re: EBS Support

Since the premier support will end ( this is what is seen at the noment), and we dont know exactly what will happen after that, you may have issues in the support context.