EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi Support, My production instance is running with database 11.2.0.3. I suppose to upgrade the current database to 12.1.0.2 version. As advised in this SR , i was instructed to follow below Doc ID's to upgrade my database (11.2.0.3) to 12.1.0.2 . Note 1503653.1 Complete Checklist for Manual Upgrades to Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1) I followed this note (1503653.1) and performed each tasks on db and apps nodes and finally the database upgrade was done, Upon the database upgrade completion, I am trying to access the application. I am unable to connect to the application and it redirects to blank login page. The login page doesnt open after the database upgrade. When accessing the login url in IE and edge browsers, login url redirection happens on the browser and immediately blank page displays on browser Please advise me for fixing this issue Thanks , Karthik

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
My OS is Oracle Solaris SPARC 64 bit

EBS version : 12.1.3

Database version : 12.1.0.2

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

Hi,

Send me the following;

access log +error log of the Oracle HTTP Server
oacore log from the FMW Home
application.log

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi,

Logs are uploaded. Kindly review and advise for fix.

Thanks.
Karthik

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Any updates please ?

Did you go through the logs that I uploaded ?

Please advise for fix.

Thanks,
Karthik

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

We don't see any records for AppsLogin or AppsLocalLogin in  the Apache log, but you have the following in the application log of oacore oc4j;

22/11/24 15:19:07.609 html: Error initializing servlet
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method oracle.xml.jaxp.JXDocumentBuilder.<init>()V from class oracle.xml.jaxp.JXDocumentBuilderFactory
        at oracle.xml.jaxp.JXDocumentBuilderFactory.newDocumentBuilder(JXDocumentBuilderFactory.java:73)

"and"

22/11/24 15:19:07.610 html: Error preloading servlet
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error initializing servlet
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.findServlet(HttpApplication.java:5033)
        at com.evermind.server.http.HttpApplication.findServlet(HttpApplication.java:4930)

So, the HTTP Servlet can not be initalized.

No direct applicable nots found in MOS.

Please check "Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 or 12.1 with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0) (Doc ID 1524398.1)" and ensure you have the required patches applied in your system.. This seems like an issue caused by skipping (not doing) some tasks that are supposed to be done in the EBS database upgrade.

Here we have a simiar issue, but it is for Concurrent Tier.. There is a patch for the resolution.. This patch will not your problem, but it indicates you may be missing some of the required patches in your system..
Concurrent Request Fails With Error "java.lang.IllegalAccessError" In EBS Database After 19c Upgrade (Doc ID 2678299.1)

*So, review "Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 or 12.1 with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0) (Doc ID 1524398.1)"

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Thanks Erman for you valuable time for reviewing and advising for fixing the issues.

I will review your note ID's that you advised and update you the status.

Best Regards,
Karthik

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi,

I found the below entry in available in working instance but in problematic instance the apps node entry is missing. I guess if we make apps node entry available in our problematic instance then the login page may come. Please see below and advise.

From Login page working instance:
appldev@tp2esapps:/u01/appldev $ sqlplus apps/apps

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Thu Dec 1 13:51:10 2022
Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> col NAME format a30
SQL> select NAME, SERVER_TYPE from FND_APP_SERVERS, FND_NODES where FND_APP_SERVERS.NODE_ID = FND_NODES.NODE_ID;

NAME SERVER_TYPE
tp2esapps_PRODUPG_APPS APPS
tp2esdb_PRODUPG_DB DB

SQL>

From Login page not working instance:
oracle@p2esdbprd:/u01/oracle $ sqlplus apps/apps

SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.2.0 Production on Thu Dec 1 13:44:04 2022
Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Last Successful login time: Thu Dec 01 2022 13:39:59 +03:00
Connected to:
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
SQL> col NAME format a20
SQL> select NAME, SERVER_TYPE from FND_APP_SERVERS, FND_NODES where FND_APP_SERVERS.NODE_ID = FND_NODES.NODE_ID;

NAME SERVER_TYPE
-------------------- ------------------------------
p2esdbprd_P2ESUPG_DB DB

SQL>

The application node entry is missing from the instance that we face login page issue.

Please advise.

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

apps tier autoconfig will bring it.. Consider running autoconfig there in that node..Maybe you didn't run autoconfig in that node yet.

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Please see below. Ran autoconfig on apps node but still the app node is not getting registered. applmgr@xxx:/u01/applmgr/inst/apps/P2ESUPG_p2esappsprd/admin/scripts $ ./adstpall.sh apps/xxx $ sh adautocfg.sh Enter the APPS user password: Configuring templates from all of the product tops... Configuring AD_TOP........COMPLETED Configuring FND_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring ICX_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring MSC_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring IEO_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring BIS_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring AMS_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CCT_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring WSH_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CLN_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring OKE_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring OKL_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring OKS_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CSF_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring IGS_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring IBY_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring JTF_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring MWA_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CN_TOP........COMPLETED Configuring CSI_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring WIP_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CSE_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring EAM_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring FTE_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring ONT_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring AR_TOP........COMPLETED Configuring AHL_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring OZF_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring IES_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring CSD_TOP.......COMPLETED Configuring IGC_TOP.......COMPLETED AutoConfig completed successfully. applmgr@xxxx:/u01/applmgr/inst/apps/P2ESUPG_p2esappsprd/admin/scripts $ sqlplus apps/xxxx SQL> col NAME format a30 SQL> select NAME, SERVER_TYPE from FND_APP_SERVERS, FND_NODES where FND_APP_SERVERS.NODE_ID = FND_NODES.NODE_ID; NAME SERVER_TYPE ------------------------------ ------------------------------ p2esdbprd_P2ESUPG_DB DB SQL> Not added after autoconfig. only db node registed. Please advice.

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
autoconig successfully completed on apps node.

still apps node entry not getting registered.

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

Isn't that node in fnd_nodes?

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

And please create your issues in the correct category. Moved this one to EBS 12.1/12.0/11i category. Next time please pay attention to this.

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hi,

Yes, fnd_nodes has the apps node entry.

Please see attached image and advise for fix.

Kind Regards,
Karthik

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

Clean the setup;

*shutdown apps services;
**connect to the DB with apps;
run->
EXEC FND_CONC_CLONE.SETUP_CLEAN;
COMMIT;
***run autoconfig on db
****run autoconfig on apps
*****Check with that FND_APP_SERVERS and FND_NODES query
******If the data seems correct, retry your failing operation
******If it is still not correct; send me the following;

-the data from fnd_app_serves
-the data from fnd_nodes

Re: EBS login page not opening after db upgrade

karthikmca.bhc
Hello Erman,

The data still not correct even after executing your recommendations.

Considering security policy, requesting you Please share your email. So that I can share it there.

Best regards.