Exadata X4 - Reimage version 22 unable to setup bondeth0

Exadata X4 - Reimage version 22 unable to setup bondeth0

Jeremy Lee
Hi there,

 I manage to get hold of Exadata X4 1/8 rack for own learning process.  I have able to perform the reimage sucessfully without any issue. I have a very weird issue that need some guidance

eth0 ==> management IP without bonding

eth1 ===> Bonding to bondeth0
eth2 ==>  bonding to bondeth0

Observation 1 : intiaily thought was that the network card got problem. (Not true)
Step to fix eth0 : By changing the ifcfg-eth0  for theb setting BOOTPRO=none  to BOOTPRO=static
** it work!!!!!!!! even after many times of reboot

Tried to do it for the bondeth0 same trick but does not work. I am very sure the NIC is working without bonding . Can adfvise where is the problem ?

    I not mind paying some fees to help resolve this issue.

Regards

Jeremy Lee
+60 12 3071979

Re: Exadata X4 - Reimage version 22 unable to setup bondeth0

Hi,

You have some issues with bondeth0 (or maybe the underlying NICs, which are eth1 and eth2), am I correct?

I need to some outputs for diagnostic purposes.
/var/log/messages
ifconfig output -- mask your sensitive information
ifcfg files for bondeth0, eth1 and eth2, route command output
 a screenshot of the error (anything that will let me understand the issue you re facing)