How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

kvmishra
Hi,

We are unable to access EBS server in mobile browser because we can't make host entry in Android device. How can we resolve this?

Regards,
Kumar Vikash

Re: How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

Use Oracle EBS Mobile Apps
See -> Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Administrator's Guide

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e64384/T656045T656048.htm

Also;

Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (Doc ID 2064887.1)

Re: How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

kvmishra
I didn't get any solutions in below doc related to my problem.
 https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e64384/T656045T656048.htm

Neither in
Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Apps Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (Doc ID 2064887.1)

Please guide

Regards,
Kumar Vikash

Re: How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

So your problem is only about adding host entry to your Android right? There are ways for this..
See -> https://technowikis.com/35630/how-to-modify-the-host-file-of-your-android-mobile
For EBS supported browsers see -> Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.2 and 12.1 (Doc ID 389422.1) -- just in case.

Re: How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

kvmishra
No sir....we want to access the server without host entry in Windows/Android or any platform...as if we are accessing the server by making host entry in host file on any platform (like - Windows) the same process will followed for Android or any other OS...but we can't make host entry in Android (rooting Android is not recommended at all)....so our requirements is to access the ebs url without host entry on any OS.

Re: How to access EBS server without host entry in laptop/desktop/Android

You cant.. you need to resolve the hostname of EBS somehow.
If you open EB access to public through internet, then yes you can do it without hosts entry because your domain will be already registered in the publically available dns servers, and you will have an outbound url for EBS so.. but i think you dont want to such a thing..

Bottom line, you need to resolve ebs hostname somehow cause the EBS url arw generates using the hostname .. so even if you reach your EBS using IP adress,  the url will be converted to the one with an hostname.

Altough it is not my expertise, I already sent you an example for adding hosts entry to your device.. ( I persobally didnt test that method btw)