How to temporarily stop sending emails - PROD

How to temporarily stop sending emails - PROD

satish
Dear Erman,

How can we temporarily stop sending emails from workflow notification mailer. Notifications can be sent but emails should not be sent.

Due to some internal issues, we will not be able to perform below action plan till 3 months.

Cancel Workflow Notification Mails to be sent and purge out queue.
Currently, we have shutdown the mailer and its status is in user deactivated.. But when we bounce the prod, it automatically gets started and sending emails.

Thank you,
SG

Re: How to temporarily stop sending emails - PROD

You got to update the wf_notifications table for that. Check oracle support and the net.. There are several documented things for this.

Re: How to temporarily stop sending emails - PROD

satish
Hi erman,

Due to internal issues,atleast for now, We cannot update the wf_notofocations table and perform a rebuild.

Is there any workaround,can we update the smtp server to some dummy value in workflow configuration in front end.
Any other alternatives.

Users don't want any email notifications temporarily.

Thank You

Re: How to temporarily stop sending emails - PROD

Then, you may consider updating fnd user preferrnces.