In-Place OS Upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

In-Place OS Upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

Karthik
We are planning to do in-place OS upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

We are running EBS 12.2.9 with Database 19c release update 18.

After OS upgrade, do we need to clone the instance. Kindly clarify.

Thanks!

Re: In-Place OS Upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

What do you mean by 'clone the instance after upgrade'? Please revise your question and give me the necessarry details and make it clean.

Re: In-Place OS Upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

Karthik
Hi Erman,

We are planning to do in-place OS upgrade RHEL 7.9 to 8.7 on same server.

We are running EBS 12.2.9 with Database 19c release update 18.

After OS upgrade, what are the steps has to do before starting services. Since it's in-place OS upgrade, do we need to re-clone the instance on server

Thanks,
Karthik

Re: In-Place OS Upgrade from from RHEL 7.9 to 8.7

Check the following document ->
Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.2) for Linux x86-64 (Doc ID 1330701.1)

Check especially the OEL/RHEL 8 parts of it.. If all the prereqs and configs are ok, then you re good to go.