JRE and JDK with ebs

satish
Dear erman,

Version R12.2.5

Do we need seperate licence for jdk and jre to install in client desktops.Any idea.

I found this in oracle blog

Customer is using Oracle Forms or an Oracle Forms based product, such as Oracle E-Business Suite. Customer is entitled to download and use Java SE updates and patches to run the product on the server. In addition, when the product, like Oracle E-Business Suite, uses client-side Java applications (browser-based or standalone), the customer is entitled to download and install Java SE updates and patches on the desktop PCs used to run Oracle E-Business Suite client applications. Incidental use of the same Java-enabled browser to access non-Oracle Java web-based applications is permitted but not supported."

Will java SE include jdk and jre?can u pls give some idea

Thanks,
Satish

Re: JRE and JDK with ebs

If you only use that client side java for accessing EBS-forms , then "No". As given in the FAQ:

Support Entitlement for Java SE When Used As Part of Another Oracle Product (Doc ID 1557737.1)
&
FAQ: Essentials of Java Usage in Oracle E-Business Suite (Doc ID 2510500.1)

->

Customer is using Oracle Forms or an Oracle Forms based product, such as Oracle E-Business Suite. Customer is entitled to download and use Java SE updates and patches to run the product on the server. In addition, when the product, like Oracle E-Business Suite, uses client-side Java applications (browser-based or standalone), the customer is entitled to download and install Java SE updates and patches on the desktop PCs used to run Oracle E-Business Suite client applications. Incidental use of the same Java-enabled browser to access non-Oracle Java web-based applications is permitted but not supported.

Re: JRE and JDK with ebs

satish
This post was updated on .
You are always helpful to us.Thank you.

We use this java for oracle sql developer and oracle jdeveloper.I think in this case,we have to purchase licence for jdk.

Hope jdk will deliver jre also.Pls correct me

One thing I confused is that,even without jdk or jre in client machine,user is able to use sqldeveloper

Re: JRE and JDK with ebs

Briefly, Oracle products requiring Java,can use Oracle JDK at no additional cost.
So, no additional cost is required for sql developer.
I think the same should apply for Oracle Jdeveloper, but I couldn't find any written statement about it.
These are my opinions on the subject. Please consult to your Oracle Sales Representative to ensure and finalize.

Re: JRE and JDK with ebs

satish
Thank you.it clears