KVM

Roshan
Hi Erman,

I noticed some warnings on 1 host for network interface.

NIC.png

warning:  'át least one slave has a different aggregator id'. How can we know if there is resource contention on the host?

Can you please advise on this?

Thanks,

Roshan

Re: KVM

What type of bonding do you use? Looking at the error;  I guess it is LACP in this case.

Note1:
The Aggregator ID value for each interface in an LACP bond should match. If they do not match the switch ports are likely not configured correctly.

Note 2:
The bond may still operate if the Aggregator IDs do not match, but it will only be utilizing a subset of the bonded interfaces.

Check the switch side, the LACP configuration on the switch side may be causing this. -- *Get help from network teams for that. (It is most likely eth1 is connected to a switchport which is a member of a different switch-side ethernet channel than eth0) --> This is from Redhat byteway.

For your OS side, use the following comands to check the bonding conf;

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0
cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0

Note that, aggregator ids will be displayed with the second command.