MAA for ZFS appliance

Roshan
Hi Erman,

we are bought 2 SPARC servers and 1 ZFS appliance for storage with the specs below

For each of the 2 * T8-2 servers:

Rack Units: 3
2 * 40GB Ethernet QSFP+ for each server
1 Network mgmt 1Gbps RJ45
Power consumption: 2.5KVA per server
2 power connections. Power cables with C14RA plug will be provided to plug into Rack PDU provided by MT
IP addresses: 1 * Management, 1 * Hypervisor OS, 1 * for each of the 4 VMs
For each RAC setup: 2 * VIP, 3 scan IP

For 1 * ZS7-2 Storage:

Rack Units: 8 (total RU or 2 controllers and 2 disk expansions)
2 * Network Mgmt 1Gbps RJ45
Power consumption: 1.5KVA
6 power connections. Power cables with C14RA plug will be provided to plug into Rack PDU provided by MT
IP Addresses: 1 * Management

For each of 2 * Lenovo NE1072T RackSwitch:

Rack Units: 1
1 * Network Mgmt 1Gbps RJ45
Power consumption: 300 VA
2 power connections. Power cables with C14RA plug will be provided to plug into Rack PDU provided by MT
IP Addresses: 1 * Management

1. replication will be done locally on the ZFS appliance (between primary and secondary storage). The problem is since we have only 1 ZFS appliance, how can I perform a MAA so that the primary on the ZFS appliance is replication to a difference storage (is it possible on a Huawei storage or has it to be ZFS:ZFS)?

From a DR perspective it would not be wise to have the secondary storage on the same single ZS7-2 which also has the production storage.

Thanks,

Roshan

Re: MAA for ZFS appliance

I m not a ZFS expert, but it looks like you need to do that MAA style replication on higher level. (higher level than the storage level)
Consider building a replication flow on the filesystem level..