Migration of R12 from rhel 5 to 7 new server

Migration of R12 from rhel 5 to 7 new server

satish
Hi erman,

Source

Application R12.1.3
Database 11.2.0.4
Rhel 5.5

Target

Environment
Application R12.1.3
Database 11.2.0.4
Rhel 7.9

After performing all prerequisites in source and Target.

We will Copy the DB Tier and Application Tier files from source to target system,including oracle homes.

Change the hostname and IP Address of the new target machine same as the old server

Start database and application services.

Will this work? Need ur expertise.

Thank you,
Satish

Re: Migration of R12 from rhel 5 to 7 new server

Yes. If you do it properly, then it should work.(as long as all the rpms, config in place, and the hostname and ip addresses are the same.. Ip adress is not that important though, but still it is good to keep it the same.)

All the config, and rpms should be there in the target and they should be properly done according to the OS release.

Also keep the apps fs the same , I mean the directory structures and paths..

Same for the Oracle home.. Don't change the path of it. If you do so, that will require a relink operation + autoconfig on db.. (we got env variables pointing to our tns and stuff like that)

Re: Migration of R12 from rhel 5 to 7 new server

satish
This post was updated on .
Dear erman,

We are trying to follow this approach.Do we need to copy inventory as well?

Is it required to run autoconfig on all rhel 7 servers?

Pls advice

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Migration of R12 from rhel 5 to 7 new server

If you are changing the hostname(s) then you.. In that case, it is better to run adcfgclone.pl actually.