Moodle on Oracle Database

kvmishra
Dear Sir,

I've a requirement to install Moodle on Oracle 19C database. If you have any idea/suggestion/knowledge on it, please share with me.

Thanks
Vikash

Re: Moodle on Oracle Database

As far as I see it is not recommended, but you should check the moodle docs..

generally slow, and hardly any core Moodle developers use it for development.  -> Unless you are being forced somehow to use Oracle, we recommend Postgres or MariaDB for new Moodle installations.

There you will see Oracle.. Installation document is there..
https://docs.moodle.org/403/en/Installing_Moodle

They say: Moodle will technically work on Oracle, as it's supported by our database framework and it passes our basic unit testing. But! They also say: we do not recommend it for any new installations because it is