Note Java 1530033.1 and JRE on 19c DB tier

Note Java 1530033.1 and JRE on 19c DB tier

Laurel
Hi Dear Erman!
How are you ? :) Hope all is fine and time also enjoy some life :)

I got to the interesting point.
after 19c install + autoconfig enabled there  we have in 19c
$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/jre/bin>  ./java -version
java version "1.8.0_291"

Howether  in the Note Java 1530033.1 they still talk on using JRE 7.0 on the Database node for AIX.
If I take from IBM  Jre7.0 for DB tier -> it will bring us java version "1.7.0"

I dont think we should downgrade in this case  on db tier java for 19c
Any ideas for DB tier ?

on Apps tier  -> yes we have 1.7.0
Thx!
Br,Laurel

Re: Note Java 1530033.1 and JRE on 19c DB tier

Thanks Laurel,

We are too busy actually but we still try having some fun, time to time :)
I hope everything is well on your side too..

Well.. We use Oracle Home's JRE there in the database layer , in the appsutil..

You can check the following;

Interoperability Notes: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Oracle Database 19c (Doc ID 2552181.1)

There you will see an instruction for installing JRE 8 for appsutil.. So JRE 8 is fine.. We use what we have in the Oracle acutally.. We just copy jdk/jre folder to the appsutil and if your db layer is 19C, then having JRE 8 in appsutil is fine.

This applies to all platforms..