OCI backup

satish
Dear erman,

Any idea on below question. We are working on implementing PAAS.
OCI.

What is difference between Oracle database backup  cloud -object storage (GB storage per month)  and  object storage backup  -storage(GB per month)

Thank you

Re: OCI backup

Your backups will reside on object storage, right.
But what are these? -> Oracle database backup  cloud -object storage  &  object storage backup  -storage

What is the source from where you copied these? Please give the reference, only then I will comment on this..

Re: OCI backup

satish
Hi Erman,

Thanks for the update.

Actually there are 2 fields in the quotation sent by Oracle for PAAS

1) DB Backup

Oracle Database Backup Cloud - Objects Storage(Gigabyte storage capacity per month)

2) Object Storage: Backup

Objects Storage - storage (Gigabyte storage capacity per month)

Thank You

Re: OCI backup

quotation..
My guess is that, the 1st one is for oracle database backup -- specialized for it (may be supported by the db backup service) and the 2nd one is for a general purpose object storage which can be used to place all the backups (including the ones to be created by your custom processes) . 1st is for db, 2nd is for general purpose (binaries, conf files and etc..)

Re: OCI backup

satish
Thanks for the update.