Oracle Embedding Concept

kvmishra
Dear Sir,

We are using custom forms and reports which is deployed on Oracle Weblogic along with Oracle database 19c. Now, I got a requirement from my manager regarding Oracle Database Embedding Concept as this will reduce the licence price. If you have any idea on it, plz share with me.

Thanks
Vikash

Re: Oracle Embedding Concept

kvmishra
This is What I got for reference

40174p-132952.pdf

Re: Oracle Embedding Concept

Reducing the license cost? There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the term "Oracle Database Embedding Concept" in relation to reducing license costs for your custom forms and reports deployed on WebLogic with an Oracle database.

Re: Oracle Embedding Concept

kvmishra
This post was updated on .
The Oracle ESL (Embedded Software License) is:

A highly restrictive license for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) embedding Oracle software in their applications.
ISVs can package and resell the license with their solutions or applications.
Usage is strictly limited to the specific application package and prohibits direct user access to Oracle programs.
Offers two license models: standard Oracle licensing metrics with a 90% discount or a royalty-based model.
Oracle ESL licenses are excluded from Oracle end-customer audits, focusing on the ISV instead.

plz see Ref:- https://redresscompliance.com/oracle-esl-license-oracle-embedded-license-2023/

Please go through the attached doc also. you may understand from there. I think it will reduce the database license cost. Hence, our whole custom applications cost will reduce.

Thanks
Vikash

Re: Oracle Embedding Concept

Okay, you are asking the embedded license. Yes sure. You negotiate with Oracle, you make them include the licenses you need for your application and then you can use all those licenses (for instance db + db options) with your application.. Remember, if you have such a license, you must those licensed products only for your specific application.. But these things are in the sales area. Please conduct Oracle sales for this.