Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

baig
Dear Erman,

hope you are doing good.

Environment Details :

Single node Database : 12.1.0.2
EBS R12.2.4
primary node
& DMZ node.

We are trying to apply FMW patches. As a prerequisite we were advised to follow the document below:

Prerequisite Steps to Configure Oracle Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 Components for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Before Applying the July 2019 and Later FMW OSS Security Patch ( Doc ID 2555355.1 )

We have a TLS enabled environment and as the document suggests for TLS enabled environments the below steps needs to be performed.

Section 3: Adding the JVM Parameter for TLS-Enabled Release 12.2 Environments
Section 4: Applying the OSS and OPMN Patches

The Section 3:(" Adding the JVM Parameter for TLS-Enabled Release 12.2 Environments") .

you need to set -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m)
Update the context variable s_nm_jvm_startup_properties.

Question: It should be performed on the run file system CONTEXT FILE  or the patch file system context file?
as the note says"" Note: Prior to performing the instructions in this section, you must first start the AdminServer services on the patch file system.""

Question : For Running Autoconfig in Step 3.1
Do we need to run when the services are up and running or bring down the services and run autoconfig.

3.2 Add Parameter to Managed Servers

append the following (there must be a space at the start before -D) -DUseSunHttpHandler=true

Question : Do i need to append this in the managed servers of patch base or run base?

Please advise.

Thanks for your usual support.

Re: Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

That note about patch fs admin server really makes the things complicated.
But it is not said anywhere in the document that, the actions should be done on patch fs, or on patch admin server.

My answers are;

Section -- Answer: run filesystem
Section 3-1: Answer  : Yes, I would shutdown the services.
Section 3-2: Runbase

Later, when you are actually patching the system, follow -> Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Patching Technology Components Guide (Doc ID 1355068.1)

Another Ref: Managing Configuration of Oracle HTTP Server and Web Application Services in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1905593.1)

Re: Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

baig
Hi,

Thanks for the updates. most of the things are clear to me. The question i have is the first change which we are doing is in context file of the applications .

s_nm_jvm_startup_properties (from 1024 to 2048)
 how this change will be propogated or sync to patch file system context file.

$ perl <AD_TOP>/bin/adSyncContext.pl contextfile=<CONTEXT_FILE> from (Doc ID 1905593.1) will be sufficient to sync the files? or it will be sync  when we run the paching cycle?

I have one more question if you allow me.

we have a primary node and a dmz node. if we need to apply the above solution in a multinode environment. do i need to follow same steps.

1. Edit the context files on both nodes run file system.

autoconfig- primary -dmz - primary

2. Edit the managed servers of both the nodes?

the concern is the adminserver is only running on primary node. there is no admin server on the dmz node.

thanks for your usual support.
Thanks

Re: Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

adSyncContext.pl is something different.
Look.. In EBS 12.2 autoconfig is only intended to be executed for the Run file system.
In the adop prepare phase, the TXK script named txkADOPPreparePhaseSynchronize.pl should handle that synchronization.

It s normal to have the admin running on the primary node only. So skip the admin server-related steps for DMZ node. Other than that, take the DMZ node as a node and take the required action.. ( managed-server related ones too.)

Re: Prerequisite steps to configure Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.9 (Doc ID 2555355.1)

baig
HI,

Thanks a lot .. its very clear now. Thank you so much for a simple explanation.

If i want to apply weblogic patches in such environment (primary + dmz)  where admin is running on primary node only. do i have to apply the weblogic patches on dmz node also or patching the primary node will be sufficient.

This would be my last query. :)
Thanks again for your kind support.

Bye.