Provisiong db systems - paas oci

satish
Hi erman,

We need your suggestions.

1) We have got 3 environments, test uat and prod for oci paas.

Shall we provision a single db system  and create pluggable databases for test and uat.

Or

Shall we provision 2 db systems. One for test and one for uat.

Thanks,
sg

Re: Provisiong db systems - paas oci

The best option depends on your specific requirements. Here's a guiding principle:

Choose Option 1 if: Cost is a major concern.
Choose Option 2 if;

Data isolation between environments is critical.
You anticipate different scaling needs for test/UAT and production.
High availability is essential to avoid disruptions in any environment.

Ultimately, weigh the pros and cons based on your specific needs and choose the approach that best aligns with your budget, security requirements, and desired level of isolation for each environment.