Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

ANIETO
Hi Erman, I hope you are well. I have a doubt.

In an EBS 12.2.10 table, for example AR.RA_TERMS_TL can I have records only with zd_edition_name = SET1 and none with SET2?

I thought that they should always have SET1 and SET2 and that only the logical view in APPS shows the active set? And that the amount of records with SET1 and SET2 should be equal.

Could you explain me how that works?

Thanks

Re: Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

In EBS there will be 2 SETS for seed data. (SET1 and SET2) Tables that holds seed data have those sets, duplicate rows.. You will have to query the APPS view and that view will display the data according to the active set.
This is by design.

See -> Why Are There Duplicates In Hr.per_assignment_status_types table on 12.2.x? (Doc ID 2346969.1)

Re: Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

ANIETO
Good day Erman, Thanks, we are clear on this, but I would expect that if I query the final table they should have the same amount of records for set1 as for set2. For example:

SELECT count(*) from APPS.FND_FLEX_VALUES_TL ;
--- ANSWER = 119649

SELECT ZD_EDITION_NAME, count(*) from APPLSYS.FND_FLEX_VALUES_TL group by ZD_EDITION_NAME;
-- ANSWER
SET2 119649
SET1 119594

Why SET1 and SET2 do not have the same number of registers?

Re: Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

This is online patching internals.. Normally, when the table is prepared the second set is created.

Check the following;

run adop prepare and immediately check with the same query.. Do you now see the Set1 and Set2 equal in count?

Re: Quantity record with SET1 and SET2 in EBS 12.2.10

seed data should be copied and synched in prepare phase.. Then, , the forward cross-edition keep them synchronized.. So lets run prepare and update me.