R12.2 Installation

satish
Dear erman,

We are planning to install ebs in 2 node rac servers.If we run rapidwiz in racnode1 and select rac option with both the rac nodes,then will it install rac binaries in both the rac nodes.

Will it create ebs database?
Do I need to convert to rac

Pls suggeey

Re: R12.2 Installation

You need to install the GRID infra.. So GRID infra should be in place before EBS installation.
Check the following MOS document for this ->
Installing and Upgrading Oracle Grid Infrastructure 19c for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.x Databases (Doc ID 2676282.1)

rapidwiz will create the EBS database,yes.
You don't need to convert to Rac.
RDBMS Oracle homes will be placed by EBS rapidwiz, yes.

Re: R12.2 Installation

satish
Thanks erman.

If it is for 11g database,when there is no rac option in rapidwiz,how they used to handle rac installation using rapidwiz.

Insta grid infra
Create ASM diskgroup
Run rapidwiz on racnode1 and provide diskgroup for database creation
In this case,this will install nonrac binaries on racnode1.
Do we convert to rac in this scenario.
Do we need to install rdbms binaries on both nodes by downloading oracle software.In this case,what about binary installed by rapidwiz.

Pls throw some high level steps.

Thank you

Re: R12.2 Installation

Then there is no RAC option??  - On what basis are you saying this?

Here is a action plan for you..

1) Install Grid infra  - I already sent you a document for this.
2) Install EBS database tier as a RAC database using the latest startCD
3) Do the database post installation work -> for instance: Using Oracle 12c Release 1 (12.1) Real Application Clusters with Oracle E-Business Suite Release R12.2 (Doc ID 1626606.1)
"Section 5.2.2 Post Install Steps"
4) Execute rapidwiz on 1 st (primary) apps node and load the configuration from db to install EBS 12.2.0 apps tier.
5) Upgrade EBS to latest Patch level (12.2.10 or 12.2.11)  and apply the translation+localization patches (if required)
**If you have multiple apps nodes;
6) Follow -> Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375769.1)
7) Enable load balancer by following -> Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2
8) Enable Parallel Concurrent Processing - > for instance: Using Oracle 11g Release 2 Real Application Clusters and Automatic storage management with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1453213.1)

Re: R12.2 Installation

satish
Actually,I mean how do they handle rac installation when there is no option to install as rac nodes in older versions

Re: R12.2 Installation

You opened this thread for EBS 12.2 Satish..

But if you are asking about earlier versions, then you are talking about those old days.
In those olds days, we couldn't install the EBS database even into ASM.

So we install the database using rapid install and the rapid install places the database files into a cooked filesystem (for instance ext3, ext4 etc..) that we specify before the installation. We install the database to node1..
Then we transfer/convert the files to ASM using tools like rconfig and then by doing some extra stuff we could "convert" the database to RAC and start the RAC instances which are using ASM on top of a shared storage.

In brief, you will install GRID, then you will install the EBS database (it will place the software on db node 1 - non RAC).. Then you will convert that database to RAC.. (by doing all the required things.. copying the binaries, transfering the datafiles from filesystem to ASM, changing spfile/init.ora according to the RAC setup, and doing EBS-specific autoconfig actions..)