Rac to Rac clone

satish
Dear erman,

We are about to clone from Rac to Rac 2node.We are planning to clone rdbms binaries also along with data.

We are using rman active duplicate for restore.
to configure oracle homes,From primary target node,run

perl adclone.pl \
java=/erp_base/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/appsutil/clone/jre \
component=dbTechStack \
mode=apply \
stage=/erp_base/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/appsutil/clone \
method=CUSTOM \
dbctxtg=/erp_base/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/appsutil/ERPDBA1_au1643.xml \
showProgress contextValidated=true \

From second Rac node,run

Perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack

What is the difference between these Both?
Why can’t we run Perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack from primary node also?why we should use adclone.pl on primary instead of adcfgclone?

Thanks for the support

Re: Rac to Rac clone

It is stated as the following;
Run "adclone.pl" to Restore and Rename Database on New Target System
Run "adcfgclone.pl" to configure NEW ORACLE_HOME

So in the adclone.pl phase you restore and configure... This is done on the first node.
In the adcfgclone.pl phase you configure.. This is done on the second node.

You do 2 differents things here.
You restore the db in the first node.. So you don't need to restore the db in the second node, as RAC is a shared database. So 2 different script with 2 different capabilities for 2 different needs.

I hope this info helps..
Follow the documentation and you'll be good.
Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 RAC-Enabled Systems with Rapid Clone

Re: Rac to Rac clone

satish
Thanks for the update erman.But we are using rman active duplicate for the restore.In this case,can we just go with adcfgclone.pl dbtechstack on both the nodes to configure the homes?

Re: Rac to Rac clone

I don't know your exact state. Don't need to make the things complicated.
If you are doing a manual clone for db tier, do it manual..
I mean, clone your db.. Configure it to be connectable(tns and listener files and so on)
Then connect to it(your clone db) using sqlplus apps.
Run exec fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean.
Build your context files correctly / adbldxml.pl. Then run autoconfig on both of the RAC nodes.
Then go to your apps tier and run adcfgclone/post clone.

This is a manuel method, so it is not guaranteed. So at the end of the day, I still recommend you to follow the documentation.