Renaming PDB error out R12.2 19c

satish
This post was updated on .
Hi erman,

We are cloning uat from prod.

ENV:
2 node RAC 19c 19.12
Source CDB prodcdb--> prodcdb1 and proddb2
Source PDB name PRODDB
Target CDB uatcdb-->uatcdb1 and uatcdb2
Target PDB name UATDB

Rman duplicate completed successfully.

[orauat@erpuatdbl ~I$ sqlplus "/as sysdba"
SQL*Plus: Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production on Wed
Feb 22 17:05:50 2023
Version 19.17.0.0.0
Copyright (c) 1982, 2022, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connected to:
Oracle Database 19 Enterprise Edition Release
19.0.0.0.0 - Production
Version 19.17.0.0.0
SOL> alter session set container=PRODDB;

No service with target PDB name which is UATDB

SOL> select count (*) from cd services c, service$
where upper (s.name) = upper ('UATDB')
and s.deletion date is null
and s.name = c. name;

COUNT (*)
-----------------
0

We are trying to rename PDB from PRODDB to UATDB

[orauat@erpuatdb1 -1$ cd /u02/UAT19CBASE/19chome/appsutil
[orauat@erpuatdb1 appsutill$ . txkSetC{gCDB.env doraclehome=/u02/UAT19CBASE/19chome
Oracle Home being passed: /u02/UAT19CBASE/19chome
[orauat@erpuatdb1 appsutil]$ export
ORACLE SID=uatcdbl

[orauat@erpuatdb1 appsutil]$
[orauat@erpuatdb1 appsutill$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
SOL*Plus: Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production on Wed
Feb 22 17:13:43 2023
Version 19.17.0.0.0
Copyright (c) 1982, 2022, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Connected to:
Oracle Database 19 Enterprise Edition Release
19.0.0.0.0 - Production
Version 19.17.0.0.0
SOL> sho pdbs
CON ID CON NAME
RESTRICTED
OPEN MODE
2 PDBSSEED
READ ONLY
NO
3 PRODDB
READ
WRITE NO

SQL> alter pluggable database "PRODDB" close;
Pluggable database altered.

SQL> alter pluggable database "PRODDB" unplug into
"/u02/UAT19CBASE/19chome/dbs/EBSDB PDBDesc.xm1'

Pluggable database altered.

SOL> drop pluggable database "PRODDB";
Pluggable database dropped.

Error:
SOL> create pluggable database "UATDB" using
"/u02 /UAT1 9CBASE/19chome/dbs/EBSDB PDBDesc.xm1'
NOCOPY SERVICE NAME CONVERT= ('ebs PRODDB',
"ebs UAIDB' , 'PRODDB ebs patch' , 'UATDB
ebs patch");
create pluggable database "UATDB" using
"/u02/UAT19CBASE/19chome/dbs/EBSDB PDBDesc.xmI'
NOCOPY SERVICE NAME CONVERT= ('ebs PRODDB'
'ebs UATDB'
, 'PRODDB_ebs_patch', 'UATDB
ebs batch')
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-65174: invalid or conflicting name in service
PRODDBXDB found in the pluggable database

SOL> select name from service$ order by name;
NAME
PRODDBXDB
SYSSBACKGROUND
SYSSUSERS
UATCDB
UATDBXDB prodcdb
prodcdb.ttd.com
prodcdbXDB
8 rows selected.

SQL> select name from v$services;
NAME
SYSSBACKGROUND
SYSSUSERS
UATCDB
UATDBXDB

Can you pls guide,how can we proceed furthur.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Renaming PDB error out R12.2 19c

Probably, you are trying to rename your PDB "Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Multitenant Database using Rapid Clone (Doc ID 2552208.1) - Section 4"

 Section 4: Clone and Configure the Database Tier,
        4.1.6 Restore and Start the Target Database
        Step 4. If the PDB name needs to be changed, execute the following steps to rename the PDB.

-> Check the following MOS Note and see if it helps ->

Renaming 19c PDB Fails With "ORA-65174: invalid or conflicting name in service" (Doc ID 2682761.1)

-- Normally, Patch 31519848 will fix this, but that patch is not available yet..

Also see the following thread .. A similar issue was created earlier here ->  http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.124.s1.nabble.com/19c-cloning-pluggable-database-naming-failed-td11013.html

**Probably, the document and thread shared above won't work for you because your case is a little different. It is related with XDB service. PRODDBXDB .

XDB support is not required in Oracle E-Business Suite. So the XDB service that is serviced from the listener should be disabled.To disable XDB, remove or comment out the line in init.ora that reads *.dispatchers='(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=sidXDB)'

Look what the security guide says:

To support XDB, the TNS listener process listens on two additional TCP ports: 2100 for
FTP access and 8080 for http access. Oracle E-Business Suite does not require these
services; they should be disabled.
To disable XDB, remove or comment out the line in init.ora that reads:
*.dispatchers='(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=sidXDB)'

Reference -> Oracle® E-Business Suite Security Guide Release 12.2 Part No. E22952-34

**So, that maybe your solution..  But If I were you I would create an Oracle SR as well.

Re: Renaming PDB error out R12.2 19c

satish
This post was updated on .
Dear erman,

In target,I mean in uat,We deleted the dispatcher entry from pfile,bounced listener and went for fresh clone again.We have faced same error as earlier.

Can we delete the xmldb service from UAT right away after the restore and see how it works...services to be deleted PRODDBXDB and PRODCDBXDB.

Pls suggest. Its UAT environment.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Renaming PDB error out R12.2 19c

Do it as instructed in the following MOS note 2682761.1.. There in Solution, follow Step2 and Step3. I guess this answers your question.

That note is for a different service name case. Your case is different, but the logic is the same.. The implementation can be in the same manner.