Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

satish
Dear erman,

Can we have higher version rpm installed in server than the recommended ones by oracle installation document.

Pls suggest.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

Yes you can --for most of them... (except the ones that are required to be in a specified specific version)

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

satish
Dear erman,

except the ones that are required to be in a specified specific version).

We are following 250262.1 for installing rpms for rhel 7..

Thank you

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

That is the RDA document. Probably you are analyzing its output and considering the actions to take accordingly.

The rpms are listed in "Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 (Doc ID 761566.1)" , so check this one..

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

satish
Sorry,we raised sr for this and they Asked for rda.
Actually we are following 761566.1
Except 32 bit version rpms,rest of all rpms have higher version than the ones recommended.

Thanks,satish

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

It is already written there Satish -> The following table lists the required packages and "the minimum " required versions for Linux x86-64 (64-bit). The versions listed below are associated with the minimum version of the operating system shown - later updates of the operating system may have newer versions of packages that are also certified for use with E-Business Suite unless noted otherwise.

Yes, as I said. Again, those are not the recommended versions. those are -> "the required packages and the minimum required versions", but for some specific rpms , it is better to be on the exact version which is documented there.. For instance the 32bit ones. And it seems you already did that.

What is the problem then?

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

So , you said ;

Dear erman,

We are unable to find these rpms.Rest of all installed.
Any help please.

glibc-devel-2.17-55.el7.i686
libstdc++-devel-4.8.2-16.el7.i686
libaio-0.3.109-12.el7.i686

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

How can't you?

Those packages should be in Oracle Linux or RHEL  distribution media..

Re: Rpm 12.1.3 EBS

You are on Linux 7 right?

So we have them even here in Yum ->
https://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/0/base/x86_64/index.html