Smtp test

satish
Dear erman,

We are performing telnet test for outbound email and we are ending up as below.Can you pls advice what needs to be done in this case.

telnet smtp.mail.vog.in 465
Trying xxx.xxx.cx.cx
Connected to smtp.mail.vog.in
Escape character is ‘^’
EHLO hostname—-hostname where mailer runs
Connection closed by foreign host

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Smtp test

You can connect to port 465, but I guess your mail server closed the connection immediately..
Check the mail server side.
The mail server may be configured with SSL, so it may require a SSL communication and that may be the reason why... So do your checks, configs and tests accordingly.

Re: Smtp test

satish
Dear erman,

You are correct,mail server use SSL.Do we have to do any setups in ebs server?pls advice

Thanks,

Re: Smtp test

Yes. You should do wf mailer outbound/smtp ssl configuration.

Re: Smtp test

satish
Dear erman,
Thank you