Spatial component in upgrade R12.1.3

satish
This post was updated on .
Dear erman,

We have upgraded  ebs 11.1.0.7 to 11.2.0.4.We found below script took long time to complete.Any suggestions please?

prvtimd.plb took more than 10 hours to complete.

prvtimd.pib

SQL> declare
2 begin
3 begin
4 execute immediate
5 ' ALTER TABLE sdo_index_metadata_table
RENAME' I
6 ' COLUMN sdo_root_mbr to old _sdo_root_mbr';
7 exception when others then null;
8 end;
9
10 begin
11 execute immediate
12
'ALTER TABLE sdo_index_metadata_table
13 'ADD (SDO ROOT MBR mdsys.sdo_geometry default null)';
14 exception when others then null;
15 end;
16
17 begin
18 execute immediate
19 ' UPDATE sdo index metadata table set
sdo_root_mbr = old _sdo_root_mbr';
20 exception when others then null;
21 end;
22
23 begin
24 execute immediate
25 'ALTER TABLE so_index_metadata_table
DROP(old_sdo_root_mbr)';
26 exception when others then null;
27 end;
28 end;
29 /

Elapsed: 11:12:11.15

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Spatial component in upgrade R12.1.3

Checked MOS and couldn't find anything about it.. (there are cases where error produced, but no reference for the low performance)
I suspect the cause may be something different, something that emerges due to these rename tasks.
Did you check the session, did you see the wait event of the session while it was running ?
Did you check the invalid count when this prvtimd.plb is running?

Re: Spatial component in upgrade R12.1.3

satish
Dear erman,

We didn't check event and execution plan while script is running.
But what oracle says,since the fix is in 11.2.0.3,and we are in 11.1.0.7..they says to first upgrade to 11.2.0.3 and then upgrade to 11.2.0.4.

If we don't want to do that,then say slowness is expected.

Thank you.

Re: Spatial component in upgrade R12.1.3

Okay then.. Listen to what they say.. Test it.. If it is like they say, then you can reconsider upgrading to 11.2.0.3 first.
Or, you will tolerate that slowness and get a longer downtime.
As I said, if I could see the wait event, also if I could see an AWR report gathered in that period of time and if you could report the invalid during that period, then I could make some more comments.. But currently this is it..