Stage -upgrade from R12.1.3 to R12.2

satish
Dear Erman,

We have created stage containing downloaded software and patching stage area. Using it, we have done an upgrade in test instance. Can we copy the same stage to UAT and use it to perform the upgrade in UAT?

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Stage -upgrade from R12.1.3 to R12.2

It is recommended to run builstage for every installation separately, but actually in my opinion; you can also copy it from TEST to UAT. Just place the stage into the same paths in UAT. This way you will minimize the risk.. Also preserve the ownerships (and soft link if there are any..), and ensure there is nothing got corrupted during the network file transfer.-- I mean, if you are going to do such a thing, watch out these things. (rather than copying it from TEST to UAT, you can also place the stage in a shared (& relatively fast & supported) folder and you mount that to UAT once you finished the installation with TEST .. This is a better idea)