Time setting in erp

satish
Dear erman,

Single node database

We have 30 min lag in time in our erp Rhel 6 server.Our concern is can we change time without bringing application database on server.pls suggest

Thank you

Re: Time setting in erp

In fact, rewinding time is less risky than taking the time forward.
But! I would still bring the application services down. If you will change the db server's date, then it is good to bounce the db too -> After Making OS Time Change, EBS Date Is Different From System Date (Doc ID 2078103.1)
Also you should ensure that you have no scheduled tasks which may be affected by this change.

For instance you may have a concurrent that is scheduled to be run on 10:20 am.. So you change the date of the server at 10:00 am.. You set it to 10:30 am.. So as you see, that scheduled concurrent request will not run in this case. so keep these things in mind and design your actions and plan your downtime.

Re: Time setting in erp

satish
Thank you.