Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

satish
Dear Erman,

We are appying upgrading EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10
We are applying RUP10. We faced below error in worker log.

        Control
Worker  Code      Context            Filename                    Status
------  --------  -----------------  --------------------------  --------------
     1  Run       AutoPatch R120                                 Wait
     2  Run       AutoPatch R120     fdfcmp                      FAILED
     3  Run       AutoPatch R120                                 Wait
     4  Run       AutoPatch R120                                 Wait

Review the messages above, then press [Return] to continue.

Can you please hep us with how can we proceed in this case.

Worker log:

Application Id: 401
    Short Name: INV
          Name: Inventory
Flexfield Code: MCAT
          Name: Item Categories
 Structure Num: 201
          Code: PO_ITEM_CATEGORY
          Name: PO Item Category

Compilation aborted for current key flexfield...

APP-FND-00668: The data that defines the flexfield on this field may be inconsistent. Inform your system administrator that the function: FDFRKS could not find the structure definition for the flexfield specified by Application = &APPL, Code = MCAT and Structure number = 201 (APPID=401)
APP-FND-00798: Invalid reference $PARENT_VALUE$ in value set attached to segment Commodity

Please check the WHERE clauses of your table validated value sets.

Flex compilation process complete ...
=====================================
Number of successful key flex compilations : 138
Number of failed key flex compilations     : 1

Number of successful descriptive flex compilations : 0
Number of failed descriptive flex compilations     : 0

Continuing...

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

You have an error during a flexfield compilation.. This should be investigated.. You should investigate.. (Maybe with your functional admin)

It may be caused by a bug (ask it to Oracle Support), or it may be caused by the lack of loading some "ldt" (the ldt file(s) related with that flexfield) in earlier phases. There are examples on MOS. In MOS cases, these issues are solved by loading the related ldt using FNDLOAD, but there are some rare cases where you need to apply patches too.

Re: Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

satish
Dear Erman,

Support updated to try to compile it from frontend and share the error screenshot. Can we start the services at this stage. Please advice.

1. Please provide screenshots of category setup Key flexfield "Item Categories" with structure PO_ITEM_CATEGORY
Provide screenshots of each segment and associated valuesets with this structure. If value set has details of validation, please provide screenshot of these too.

2. Is the flexfield is compiled from Keyflexfield definition, does it happen successfully?
Or do you see any error? Please share us the screenshot or log for same.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

Provide the things that Oracle Support needs (get support from your Functional admins if necessary)

And, if there is only a single problem (that problematic flexfield), and if that flexfield is not so important for your business, then yes you can start the services.

Re: Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

satish
Dear Erman,

There is  value set customization added to this flexfield
Value set: SSS_INV_CAT_SUBTYPE. Oracle said to remove customization  and try to compile.

At this stage,can we skip the worker and move ahead,then start the services and then compile it. Can you please advice.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade EBS R12.1.3 to R12.2.10

You already skipped the worker and successfully completed the rest of that patch process. so it is just a single flexfield Satish.. you can just start the services and then try to solve that flexfield problem in every way you can ..