Upgrade EBS database 12c to 19c - RAC

satish
Dear Erman,

We are upgrading 12c 2 node rac database to 19c.

Following Using Oracle 19c RAC Multitenant (Single PDB) with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 (Doc ID 2530680.1)

Section 5: Creating an Oracle RAC Container Database (CDB)

Create the TNS listener: Unlike the Oracle E-Business Suite listener configuration file in Oracle Database 11g or 12c non-CDB environment that is created in a context directory under $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin, in a multitenant environment it is created in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin at the CDB level by executing txkGenCDBTnsAdmin.pl.

Execute the script with the following syntax on each node of the 19c RAC CDB separately.
In addition to the listener.ora file, this also creates other TNS files such as tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora at the CDB level. The existing files will be overwritten. This script creates the listener.ora file, but does not start listener. It will be started later during the execution of txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl script or txkCfgPDBRACNode.pl script.

$ cd <19c ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil
$ . ./txkSetCfgCDB.env dboraclehome=<19c ORACLE_HOME>
$ perl $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/txkGenCDBTnsAdmin.pl -dboraclehome=<Database ORACLE_HOME> \
-cdbname=<CDB name for RAC> -cdbsid=<System ID for the CDB> -dbport=<Database port> \
-outdir=<Complete path to the out directory> -israc=<Identify whether the DB is RAC or not> \
-virtualhostname=<Virtual hostname for RAC>

Note: If you plan to use grid listener, then set -dbport value to grid listener port in the above command.

Before we start the database upgrade,we brought down the listener running on port 1522 from 12c database home. Now in above command,he says to give database port.

Which port should we provide. Do we need to the start the existing listener from 12c database home or should we copy the listener.ora from 12c home to 19c $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/context_name folder and then start the listener.

Please guide.

Thank You as always.

Re: Upgrade EBS database 12c to 19c - RAC

as far as I remember, that script doesn't connect to the database.. (but you can check it.. It is a perl script open it with the a text editor(like "vi") and check.. If so, no need to be a listener up and ready to make the script be executed properly..

And, if you plan to use grid listener for EBS Databsae, then set -dbport value to grid listener port , otherwise supply the listener port of the listener that you are planning to use. Just do what the document says.

Some examples for RAC:

NODE1
set 19 ENV
export ORACLE_SID=TEST19C1
$ cd <19c ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil
$ . ./txkSetCfgCDB.env dboraclehome=/u01/app/oracle/product/19.0.0.0/dbhome_2

$ perl $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/txkGenCDBTnsAdmin.pl -dboraclehome=/u01/app/oracle/product/19.0.0.0/dbhome_2 -cdbname=TEST19C -cdbsid=TEST19C1 -dbport=1521 -outdir=/tmp -israc=YES -virtualhostname=erman01-vip

NODE2
set 19C ENV
export ORACLE_SID=TEST19C2
$ cd <19c ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil
$ . ./txkSetCfgCDB.env dboraclehome=/u01/app/oracle/product/19.0.0.0/dbhome_2

$ perl $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/txkGenCDBTnsAdmin.pl -dboraclehome=/u01/app/oracle/product/19.0.0.0/dbhome_2 -cdbname=TEST19C -cdbsid=TEST19C2 -dbport=1521 -outdir=/tmp -israc=YES -virtualhostname=erman02-vip