Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
This post was updated on .
 Dear Erman,

We are upgrading R12.1.3 to R12.2

File system lay down using rapid install was done.
We have applied all AD/consolidated upgrade patches and finally we ran upgrade driver and it completed successfully.

Now we are about to run rapid install in configuer mode. As prerequisite step,we generated appsutil folder and copied to RDBMS home.Ran autoconfig in db.

When we run autoconfig in apps tier it errored out. Error is:
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
"APPS.FND_CONCURRENT"
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at line 109
ORA-04063: package body
"APPS.FND_CONCURRENT" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
"APPS.FND_CONCURRENT"
ORA-04063: package body
"APPS.FND_CONCURRENT" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called:
"APPS.FND_CONCURRENT"

SQL> alter package APPS.FND_CONCURRENT compile body;
Warning: Package Body altered with compilation errors.
SQL> sho errors
Errors for PACKAGE BODY APPS.FND_CONCURRENT:
[02/01, 17:23] Sai Sandeep Ttd: LINE/COL ERROR
342/12 PLS-00323: subprogram or cursor
'SET_INTERIM_STATUS' is declared
in a package specification and must be defined in the package
body

We found note id Oracle APPS Upgrade From 12.1.3 To 12.2, After Applying The Patches
APPS.FND_CONCURRENT Is INVALID (Doc ID
2854582.1)

Applying patch 33671306 to existing fs1 using adpatch,but failed.

AutoPatch error:
Missing prerequisite codelevel for entity 'au'.
This patch requires the following codelevel or higher: 'R12.AU.2.3'.
The current on-site codelevel for the entity 'au' is : 'R12.AU.2'.
In order to apply this patch you must first apply a patch that introduces
at least the minimum required codelevel.
You may merge this patch with a patch that introduces the required codelevel.

We are stuck here. Please advice.

This patch is avaible for 12.1 and 12.2. We have downloaded for 12.2 and tried applying to fs1 using adpatch.

Thank you,
Satish

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

You are following the correct MOS note.

Prereqs for 33671306 is given as follows;

12.2.3
R12.AD.C.delta.3
R12.TXK.C.delta.3

So you are at what stage? What is your current 12.2 version? The third digit at the moment?
Did you check your AFCPUTLS.pls version? Is it still 12.0?

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
Dear erman,

Patch 33671306 available for both 12.1 and 12.2

Version:
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 tmp]$ adident Header / u01/CRP/R122/fs1/EBSapps/appl/fnd/12.0.0/ patch/115/sq|/AFCPUTLS.pls /u01/CRP/R122/fs1/EBSapps/appl/fnd/12.0.0/ patch/115/sq|/AFCPUTLS.pls:
$Header AFCPUTLS.pls 120.4 2006/04/05
01:37:43 ktanneru ship $

SQL> select release_name from apps.fnd_product_groups;
RELEASE_NAME
12.2.0

At very high level;
1) We have ran Rapidwiz to lav out the file system.
2) Applied all patches and ran American English upgrade patch driver (Merge Driver).
3) Disabled Maintenence mode
4) Create new appsutil.zip from the fs1 filesystem.
1) Run environment file of application file system.
2) $perl <AD TOP>/bin/admkappsutil.pl
3) Copy to RDMBS_HOME (DATABASE HOME)
4) unzip -o appsutil.zip
5) unzip appsutil.zip file created in the apps tier on the dbtier
6) cd <RDBMS ORACLE HOME>/appsutil/bin/ perl adbldxml.pl
5) Autoconfig on the DB tier all nodes
6) Autoconfig on the Application
tier-================-
•-->Failed

7) Run Rapidwiz and select configure upgraded filesystem--->Not yet started.

Thank you

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

Check AFCPUTLS.pl. Does it include "SET_INTERIM_STATUS"?

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
Dear erman,

Yes,it is defined.pls advice what can be done.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

So, pls is up-to-date, but the PLSQL code is not.
You can't apply the relevant phase due to your current 3digit EBS version.
The only thing that can be done is to synchronize the db code from the fs code using the relevant pls and plb and compiling invalids. I hope there is no similar issues there for the other database packages.. This is a weird issue and makes me be sceptic about the health of the 12.2.0 upgrade...

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
Hi erman,

Since the patch is also available for R12.1.3,Do we need to apply this patch before the upgrade?
Or do you think we want to do the upgrade again?Or any staging area problem?

Thank you

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

If you have time and space and if this is an important upgrade task(like a PREPROD;) then yes you can consider applying the patch and redoing the the upgrade. It sound good, clear and safe.
Otherwise;
you should review the upgrade log, and ensure everything is done properly, ensure there aren't any critical errors there and then (if everything was okay with the upgrade), you can consider executing the action plan that I sent you in my previous update.

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
Thank you very much.

This is my understanding.

1) Download and apply the patch to R12.1.3

2) Build the stage again and start the fresh upgrade.

Thank you

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

Actually, I already sent you my comments on this.

Check your 12.1.3.. Is that PLSQL code (both in the database and in the filesystem)up-to-date there?
If so, no need.
If not, yes you can consider updating the code before the upgrade.

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

satish
Dear erman,

In our existing 12.1.3 the file AFCPUTLB.PLS has 3116 lines of code and in the patch given has 3182 lines of code.
Do we need to apply the patch which contains 3182 lines of code as it is updated?

Thanks,satish

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2 - APPS.FND_CONCURRENT invalid

Check the versions given in the headers and decide Satish.