Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

satish
Dear erman,

We are upgrading r12.1.3 to r12.2.11

We have completed running the upgrade driver.We are to yet to run rapid install to configure the upgrade file system.

There was a pre step before this.Generate appsutl folder and copy it to dbnode,run adbldxml. we did this and ran autoconfig on db node.

While running autoconfig on apps tier,we faced below error message.

ERROR: Could not retrieve mount point for product top - %s_xxssstop%-this is out custom top

Any suggestions please.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

What is the path given in that error message?

that error should in the form of the following;

AutoConfig: ERROR: Could not retrieve mount point for product top - /appsr12/applmgr/ERM/apps/apps_st/appl/blabla/12.0

just mask your custom top short name and share the path..

Also did you check the following? ->
https://community.oracle.com/mosc/discussion/2830326/autoconfig-error-could-not-retrieve-mount-point-for-product-top

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

satish
This post was updated on .
Hi erman,

we need to take any action on custom top before upgrade?
I understand what have to use adsplice and register custom top after upgrade.pls advice
This is from 12.1 environment

[applcrp@sssterpdev1 ~]$ echo $XXSSS_TOP /u01/CRP/apps/apps_st/appl/xxsss/12.0.0

 [applcrp@sssterpdev1 ~1$ grep -i xxsss
$CONTEXT_FILE
<XXSSS_TOP oa_var="s_xxssstop" oa_type="PROD_TOP" oa_enabled="FALSE">/ u01/CRP/apps/apps_st/appl/xxsss/12.0.0</
XXSSS_TOP>
<c_xxssstop oa_var="c_xxssstop" scope="CUSTOM" oa_type="PROD_TOP" oa_enabled="FALSE">/u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/ appl/xxsss/12.0.0</c_xxssstop>

In 12.2 context file, there is no entry for custom top

At very high level;
1) We have ran Rapidwiz to lay out the file system.
2) Applied all patches and ran American English upgrade patch driver (Merge Driver).
3) Disabled Maintenence mode
4) Create new appsutil.zip from the fs1 filesystem.
1) Run environment file of application file svstem.
2) $perl <AD_TOP>/bin/admkappsutil.pl
3) Copy to RDMBS_HOME (DATABASE HOME)
4) unzip -o appsutil.zip
5) unzip appsutil.zip file created in the apps tier on the dbtier
6) cd <RDBMS ORACLE_HOME>/appsutil/bin/ perl adbldxml.pl

5) Autoconfig on the DB tier all nodes
6) Autoconfig on the Application tier-------------------
--›Failed
7) Run Rapidwiz and select configure upgraded filesystem--->Not yet started

Pls suggest

Thank you

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

So you completed the 12.2.11 upgrade ? or you are just completed the 12.2.0 upgrade?
According to the phase that you are in, you may consider following MOS NOTE : 1577707.1 for your custom tops. Creating a Custom Application in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 and above (Doc ID 1577707.1)

This is already something to be done during the whole upgrade process, as a post task for the 12.2.<LATEST_RUP> or <LATEST_CODE_LEVEL> upgrade.

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

satish
We are at 12.2.0..Upgrade not yet completed.Do we need to take any action before the upgrade?pls advice

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

No.  But actually this is not an expected error.

Note that:

When installing or upgrading to Release 12.2, do not run adsplice until you have applied the 12.2.2 Release Update Pack. Running adsplice before your instance is at the 12.2.2 code level may cause file synchronization issues.

You may get rid of those custom top conf and then add it after enabling online patching during the Latest Code Level upgrade. This is undocumented, but this is what comes to my mind right now..
--as an alternative you may also check the context file used by that failing autoconfig-run and do corrections there and then rerun autoconfig.. It is clear that there is something wrong/missing with/in that context file

Reference:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26401_01/doc.122/e73540/T660854T660862.htm

-->
Mandatory Steps for Custom Schema Upgrade for 12.0 / 12.1

Note: Do not run adsplice when you are at the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.0 level. Before running adsplice, you must upgrade to R12.AD.C.Delta.5 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.5 Release update packs or higher for AD and TXK.

This step is applicable only if you have custom products. If you have add-on localization products installed (CLE, CLA, CLL, CLJ), then you must re-splice those add-on localization products.

Important: You must re-splice after enabling EBR with CLE. Applying the latest AD delta patches will overwrite the context file.

Running adsplice

For the custom products that already exist, you must run adsplice on the Run File system to lay down the file system.

Action: For running adsplice, refer to Creating a Custom Application in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID: 1577707.1).

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

satish
This post was updated on .
Dear Erman,

There is no custom top entry in xml file. Can we add it and run autoconfig?

[applcrp@sssterpdev1 xxsss]$ cd $XXSSS_TOP
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 12.0.0]$ pwd
/u01/CRP/apps/apps_st/appl/xxsss/12.0.0
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 12.0.0]$

R12.1

[applcrp@sssterpdev1 12.0.0]$ cd $APPL_TOP
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 appl]$ pwd
/u01/CRP/apps/apps_st/appl
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 appl]$ cd xxsss--------->custom top
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 xxsss]$ pwd
/u01/CRP/apps/apps_st/appl/xxsss
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 xxsss]$ ls
12.0.0  custom.zip
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 xxsss]$

R12.2
=====

[applcrp@sssterpdev1 appl]$ pwd
/u01/CRP/R122/fs1/EBSapps/appl
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 appl]$ ls -lrt
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 ddr
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 hri
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 ame
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 pos
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 ipm
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 mfg
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 jtm
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 csl
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:35 pji
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    20 Dec 29 20:48 ebi
drwxr-xr-x. 3 applcrp dba    49 Dec 30 12:46 ad
drwxr-xr-x. 5 applcrp dba    40 Dec 31 16:13 %s_xxssstop%------------------------------>Different
-rw-r--r--. 1 applcrp dba  1061 Jan  6 18:17 APPSSSSEBSTR_sssterpdev1.env
-rw-r--r--. 1 applcrp dba 18151 Jan  6 18:17 SSSEBSTR_sssterpdev1.env
drwxr-xr-x. 9 applcrp dba  4096 Jan  6 18:18 admin
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 appl]$ cd %s_xxssstop%
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 %s_xxssstop%]$ ls
log  mesg  out
[applcrp@sssterpdev1 %s_xxssstop%]$

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade R12.1.3 to R12.2

Hmm.. You run ls -lrt on 12.2 and you see %s_xxssstop% there (which is something different than you expect). that % signs are weird, there should be the value not the reference. Those %'s are for reference..
Anyways, I couldn't get your issue %100 but I already send you some tricks for that -> as an alternative you may also check the context file used by that failing autoconfig-run and do corrections there and then rerun autoconfig.. It is clear that there is something wrong/missing with/in that context file.