Upgrade legacy EBS

satish
Dear erman,

We are in process of upgrading ebs environment.

Application R12.1.3
Db 11.2.0.4

We are planning to upgrade db to 19c and application to R12.2
Which one do you recommend to upgrade first Application or database?

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade legacy EBS

You can do it all in one-go (if you have the required downtime availability)
If you don't have that tolerance for the downtime, you may go with upgrading the DB first.. (this is what I recommend if you will do this task partially) Note that; in that case, you will do your test 2 times.. The project will be 2 phases and you will do your tests 2 times, one time for the DB upgrade and one time for the Application upgrade.

Recently did the same upgrade. We had a 64 hours downtime and upgraded both the database to 19C and Apps to 12.2.11 in one go.

So it depends on your requirements and choices.