Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

prabhunoule
Dear Erman,

We have recently upgraded our application from 12.1.3 to 12.2.10. But after upgrade application version is showing incorrectly as 12.2.9. Application is working fine and we have released the application to customers.

We found this note id: EBS Application version is shown incorrectly as 12.2.9 after upgrading to 12.2.10 or higher ( Doc ID 2857362.1 )

Since the instance is released to customer 2 days ago. What action plan should be follow?

SQL>
SELECT RELEASE_NAME FROM FND_PRODUCT_GROUPS;
12.2.9

We have applied the RUP Patch with below command:

adop phase=apply apply_mode=downtime patches=30399999,33678475 merge=yes

Can we re apply the patch again without merging with below command:

adop phase=apply apply_mode=downtime patches=30399999 options=forceapply

Will there be any impact since we have released the application 2 days back?

Thanks,
Prabhu

Re: Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

prabhunoule
We have seen this note ID Doc ID 2857362.1 , since the instance is already released to customers 2 days back, Is it recommended to apply the patch in downtime mode. Which command should we run to fix this issue? Please advice
1) adop phase=apply apply_mode=downtime patches=30399999 options=forceapply
(or)
2) adop phase=apply patches=30399999 options=forceapply

Re: Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

The solution is already given there..

apply AD Delta 14  or re-apply the 12.2.10 RUP patch 30399999 alone with forceapply option in downtime mode (*do not merge with any other patches)

Bytheway, AD Delta 14 is available now -> Oracle E-Business Suite Applications DBA and Technology Stack Release Notes for R12.AD.C.Delta.14 and R12.TXK.C.Delta.14 (Doc ID 2857317.1)

Re: Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

prabhunoule
Thank you Erman,

Since the instance is released and being used by customers since 2 days, is it safe to apply the patch in downtime mode now using adop phase=apply apply_mode=downtime patches=30399999 options=forceapply. Will it impact any customizations?

Thanks & Regards,
Prabhu

Re: Upgrade of application show incorrectly 12.2.9

It will bring downtime. That's all. Customizations (as long as they deployed properly) will not be affected by this.