Upgrade to R12.2 - Custom apps

satish
Hi Erman,

Dear Erman,

We have applied online enablement patch. We have 2 custom schemas appsread and CUSTAPPS which are not registered. Both are read only schemas which will be used by developers to query the database.
We didnt take any action on these schemas before applying the patch.All objects in these schemas are now invalid.

After the enablement patch,adzdpsum.sql shows below.

DOC> Execute the following scripts with the APPS account in order to register
DOC> the custom schemas identified in the previous section:
DOC>
DOC> NOTE: There are 2 types of custom (external) schemas. Per each line below,
DOC>       identify the type of schema and perform the action indicated below:
DOC>
DOC> -1- External schemas which contain objects that will be accessed through a
DOC>     standard APPS connection, tightly integrated.  In addition to running the
DOC>     the script ADZDREG.sql, execute the FNDCPASS command in order to reset the password
DOC>     and register it with the application. Later in the upgrade you will also be
DOC>     asked to register this type of schema by running adsplice.
DOC>
DOC> -2- External schemas that dont use an APPS connection, but do have objects with
DOC>     dependencies to EBS objects. (A typical example of this is an APEX schema which
DOC>     users the APEX infrastructure to access the objects in the schema and never goes
DOC>     through the APPS schema). Running the script ADZDREG.sql below is enough to register
DOC>     these type of schemas.
DOC>
DOC>#

 sqlplus apps @$AD_TOP/patch/115/sql/ADZDREG.sql <system-pwd> <apps-user> APPSREAD
 sqlplus apps @$AD_TOP/patch/115/sql/ADZDREG.sql <system-pwd> <apps-user> CUSTAPPS

We ran the commands and below is the output

[applcrp@sssterpdev1 u01]$ sqlplus apps @$AD_TOP/patch/115/sql/ADZDREG.sql system apps APPSREAD

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.5.0 - Production on Mon Jan 9 13:56:43 2023

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

Connected.

Session altered.

ERROR: Installing APPS_DDL packages failed. Run the sql files adaddls.pls, adaaddls.pls, adaddlb.pls, adaaddlb.pls from $AD_TOP/patch/115/sql directory

Commit complete.

SQL> select username,editions_enabled from dba_users where username='APPSREAD';

USERNAME                       E
------------------------------ -
APPSREAD                       Y

SQL> select username,editions_enabled from dba_users where username='CUSTAPPS';

USERNAME                       E
CUSTAPPS                       Y

SQL>

Do we have to run these commands before applying the online enablement patch? Please suggest.Please let us know if we are going in wrong direction

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Upgrade to R12.2 - Custom apps

Yes.  The script is correct.
See -> https://www.promatis.com/2022/08/08/creating-a-read-only-apps-user  for "Creating a Read-Only APPS User"

Also see -> R12: AD: AutoPatch Fails With Errors: ORA-1403 And "Unable to get APPS_DDL package version from db <APPS_DDL>" While Applying Patch 31800803:R12.TXK.C (Doc ID 2755251.1)