Workflow oam configuration

satish
Dear erman,

We are on R12.2.5

We have been provided a cert1.pem and smtp server name and port from vendor.

What should be the front end oam connection security under outbound smtp...values are none,ssl/tls and starttls.Please suggest

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Workflow oam configuration

You got to configure the WF MAiler outbount with the mail server's hostname, port and you should provide user and pass if you don't have relay access to the mail server..

Please see -> http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com/2014/07/ebs-122-notification-mailer-ssl.html

Re: Workflow oam configuration

satish
What is outbound connection type in oam..it has values none,ssl/ tls and starttls..When should we use ssl/tls and when should we use starttls

Thanks,
Satish

Re: Workflow oam configuration

outbound is SMTP
inbound is IMAP.

Check with your MAil server admin and ensure what needs to be configured for both.

Do we need to communicate with the SMTP mailer server using SSL/TLS?
Do we need to communicate with the IMAP mailer server using SSL/TLS?

According to the answers, configure your WF mailer?
If for instance you need to speak SSL/TLS with the SMTP MAiler Serve, then you need to configure outbound SSL for the WF Mailer.. I think you got it.

Re: Workflow oam configuration

satish
We need smtp and we have been provided a certificate and protocol is starttls.What is difference between starttls and ssl/tls

Re: Workflow oam configuration

startttls is not a protocol. It is a like command.
Yours should be ssl/tls. Speak with your mail server admin and learn the protocol, get the certificates and implement SSL conf on WF Mailer.