adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

big

adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

big
Hi,
On R12.2.4 on Aix Db 11.2.0.4

What is the difference between

 perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechstack

And

perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig

In which "dbconfig" should be used?
In which "dbTechstack" should be used?

Thanks and regards.

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

Here is the list for you ->

Argument    -  Configuration scope
------------      -------------------------
dbTechStack   RDBMS ORACLE_HOME
database        database only, including control file creation
dbconfig         database only, with no control file creation
dbTier both     dbTechStack and database
atTechStack    Tools and Web ORACLE_HOMEs
appltop          APPL_TOP only
appsTier         both atTechStack and appltop

There are different use cases.. So it differs according to the situation..
for instance, if you clone your database seperately -- without using rapidclone, then you run adcfg with dbtechstack, then you run dbconfig..
So you first configure the Oracle Home and then configure database..

See the following document for use cases, you will see where to use dbconfig and where to use dbTechstack ->

Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 with Rapid Clone (Doc ID 1383621.1)
big

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

big
Really thank you.

On R12.2.4

If I copy an database ORACLE_HOME , to another database ORACLE_HOME ( they are exactly the same version and the sames patches, should I run:

Relink all

1.Configure DB kernel of target :perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack $CONTEXT_FILE

Or
Relink all

 2.Configuration target database: perl adcfgclone.pl dbconfig $CONTEXT_FILE ?

In which case DB should be closed.

Thanks and regards.

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

So your db is there, you re not touching the db. You are only copying the oracle home, renewing the Oracle home in other words..

Well, after relinking; I would just write a manuel tns entry into the relevant tnsnames.ora of the newly copied oracle home( deleting the prod-related tns entries is also a good idea) and make the executables be able to connect to the clone database (just a temporary connection) and then run an autoconfig on db tier ..
Autoconfig will do the rest, it will create the env and update the tns files..
This is my way, and it will work.
However; if you will use adcfg for that, then you should use dbTechstack.. But as I said, running autoconfig in the way that I describe is enough actually.

big

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

big
This post was updated on .
Thank you.

What does:
perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack $CONTEXT_FILE

Exactly do?

When running perl adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack $CONTEXT_FILE

database should be open?

Regards.

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

It configures the Oracle Home. It will do Oracle Home related stuff.. It will relink the binaries, it will register the Oracle home and so on.
DB should be open after the dbTechStack, after you create the controlfiles..
This dbTechStack is the first task for the scenario named -> Cloning the Database Separately

So you configure the RDBMS Home and then you continue with configuring the target database itself.. dbtechstack is for configuring the binaries and Oracle Home, so to speak..
big

Re: adcfgclone.pl on DB tiers

big
Thanks.